Thursday, June 5, 2008

WOW!


So I just had to document the worst night's sleep I've had since Ryder was a newborn waking up every two hours to eat. Sadly, I know I totally did it to myself. I've decided to start running again like I did before I got pregnant. Well last night I wanted to run but had to wait for Jon to get home from mutual, which didn't happen until about 9pm. So I started my run at 9:15, ran 2 miles, then jumped in a nice cold shower. Then I laid in bed watching t.v. but couldn't drift off so I got on the internet for a half hour. Went back to bed but didn't fall asleep until 12:30am only to wake back up at 3:30am. I'm talkin WIDE awake. Now it is 4:47 and I can hear Ryder starting to slowly wake up in his crib. He'll go right back to sleep, which will give me 2 more hours to catch some zzz's. That will give me a grand total of 5 hours sleep. I cannot function on that. I wish I could but I know myself and I can't. Let's just say I'm gonna be taking every nap with him today. Oh and I just have to mention that on top of that Jon was up sleepwalking and talking in the night. That doesn't help my situation at all. HA! I'm an idiot for running so late at night. It gave me a HUGE burst of energy that I really didn't want for the time being.

8 comments:

Sunny Biggs said...

wow you are doing better then i am at excercise though. i dont even walk! i should go walking more since i can not run. i am sorry for such a horrible night. not having enough sleep sucks

Kristi & Austin said...

Hey thanks for checkin on me. Yes he is still in there cooking. i am so ready for him to be out its crazy. His nursery is complete and his diaper bag packed... just a waiting game now. I cant wait to have a little one again!

Adrienne said...

Sounds like a rough night. Jon sleepwalks!!?? How funny (you might not think it's very funny). Would love to hear stories about that . . .

August and Melissa said...

I'm sorry- get some rest before Rock Band tonight! LOL

Anonymous said...

That is NO fun. Be grateful for a non-mobile baby.

Anonymous said...

Dood, That sucks! I hate those nights. But props on running again! that's awesome!

Joy said...

I've had those nights before... they stink! Now that I'm pregnant I feel like I never get a full night's rest. I always wake up throughout the night! I've heard that it gets worse when you actually have the baby so I guess it's preparing me :).

Tyler and Neihlee said...

Just be grateful that you have a baby that takes naps!!! When they hit 3 it's like pullin teeth to get to them to lay down! Thats scary that Jon sleepwalks, does it happen often?! The worst part about a bad night like that is it takes a long time to catch up--Good Luck!