Friday, June 20, 2008

My favorite milestone!!!

Alright so I went against my Dr.'s orders and put baby apple juice in Ryder's cereal. Well hey he was super constipated. Poor guy had 3 major hard turds yesterday and he was grunting ALL day long. I felt so bad for him, he just seemed so uncomfortable and I knew it was from his cereal. Oh and by-the-way he actually ATE the cereal with the juice in it because it tastes so much better. So the cereal thing isn't my favorite milestone but I fed him cereal 2 times yesterday and he ended up sleeping 11.5 hours STRAIGHT last night. No joke. It's never happened before. I went to bed after him and woke up before him. It was AWESOME!!! Jon congratulated me when we woke up all by ourselves rather than to a crying baby. And to add to the awesomeness I ended up getting not only 8 but 9 hours of sleep straight without waking up ONCE! Everyone who told me it gets better and easier was SOOOO right. I haven't slept like that since before I got pregnant so basically I haven't gotten the sleep I prefer for over a year. Wow. I just hope he continues to do this. I better keep feeding him baby cereal. Oh and couple other awesome things today...it's FRIDAY and for some whacked out reason Jon decided he wanted to take Ryder to work with him today. I know, right? When does that EVER happen to a mom? I asked Jon if he was sure he wanted to do it and he said, "No I'm not sure...but I'm gonna do it." I asked him, "Why?" He said, "He's just so dang cute I don't wanna leave him!" Haha! Just in case you all are wondering how the heck Jon can take a baby to work, he sits in an air conditioned office behind his parents' house and his dad is out of town so he can pretty much do whatever he wants today. Yay for me! Well, we are having a garage sale tomorrow. We have so much stuff we need to just get rid of and could use some extra cash. So I am going to spend my alone time getting ready for that. If anyone could use some furniture, scrubs, shoes, clothes, etc. come on over!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww...so cute that he took him to work...he is a dang cute baby...I wouldn't want to leave him either. How fun. We'll see how long dad lasts...lol. Good luck with the garage sale...I have NEVER had one, but everyone I know banks a couple hundred bucks each time they do it. Can't wait to hear about your success.

Amber Howard said...

Wow... I'm so glad you got some sleep... finally. What are you going to do without Ryder for the day? You'll be walking around the house wondering why it seems like your forgetting something. ha ha Good luck on your garage sale. I made over $400 on my last one. Love it!

Ashlee said...

I gave Isaiah some baby food (pears) to go in his cereal the other day. All that night, he seemed constipated too. He was up twice that nice with a stomach ache so it seems, and usually he sleeps all night long . So we are going to hold off on the food for a few more weeks, until he actually turns 6 months. I love garage sales. We have had a few, and make over 300.00 each time. We have ALOT of stuff. My husband loves to get free stuff from people. I always tell him we don't need that Steven, but he says, well it was free. So I talk him into putting it aside to sell. So we have a huge corner of our 3rd car garage full of stuff to sell. Even after we just get done with a garage sale, we always get more STUFF. It bugs me soo bad. Good luck and have fun.

Harmoni Osborn said...

I forget....how old is Ryder now?? I mixed some baby food w/ mine and then the boys' LOVED it!

Thank you for your SWEET comment on my blog!! Don't you LOVE spark people!!? It has helped me SO much!! I still have a ways to go, but I'm on the road! :p) Good luck w/ your endeavors!!!