Saturday, June 7, 2008

4 Months!

Ryder had his 4 month check up yesterday. The Dr. gave us an A+ and said he's doing perfect!! He weighs 18 pounds 8 ounces and is 26.5 inches long. He is in the 97th percentile for height and weight but his head is only in the 70th percentile. Ha! I was so excited to start feeding him rice cereal that we went straight to WalMart and bought some along with baby spoons. Yay! As you can see from the picture we were making quite a mess but it was so fun! Ryder is just growing up and is learning new things all the time. He now is able to reach out for things and grab them and where do they go? Straight to his mouth. When he becomes more mobile I'm gonna have to watch him like a hawk! So something amazing happened last night. I put Ryder to bed at 8:30pm, which is normal for him and I expected to wake up around 5am to feed him since that happens every night. Well...silly boy started crying at 2:30 this morning. Usually when he gets up early like that he only cries for a couple minutes then goes back to sleep. But THIS time he didn't stop crying. I got up and went in his room to find him kicking frantically in his bed like he was excitd. His eyes were wide awake and I thought, "Great. I'm gonna be up for a while and he's gonna want a bottle but it's too early." Well I picked him up and immediately started rocking him and he was back to sleep in no time. So when I got back in bed it was almost 3:30am and I thought, "Great. He's gonna wake up again in like 1.5 hours to eat and I'm gonna be so tired. But lo and behold my little bug didn't wake up again until 7:30am!!! The longest he has EVER slept in his short life. Yay for us!!!! I couldn't believe it. I hope it happens again soon if not tonight :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. I love his big eyes. He looks scared in the top picture...lol. Does he like the rice cereal? Too fun. I can't believe he is 18 lbs...chubbers!

Ashlee said...

wow 18 pounds! How cute though. Did he like the cereal? What did you mix it with?

Arnett's said...

So cute. That is so good that he slept so long... with the cereal it might help. I LOVE that pic of the both of yous.

Sunny Biggs said...

that is such a cute pic of you and ryder. that lil bugger is so cute with his irrisistable smile! oh i just want to kiss him on the cheeks!

Cari Florence said...

Thank goodness for solids!! Once Brayden started eating solids he slept for 12 hours at night. It was the most amazing thing in the World!! Sounds like your little guy is headed down the same path.

Unknown said...

awww that last picture is so cute! He has such big blue eyes!

Oh the cake is for Shauna Searle. I don't know if you would remember her. She was in my grade at gilbert...