Friday, April 11, 2008

He did it!

So...I fed Ryder a bottle and gave him infant Tylenol (he had shots) and put him to bed at 9:00 last night. He was wide awake when I put him down but I gave him a little "pep" talk and told him he needed to go to sleep and that I wasn't going to see him again until morning and that I wouldn't be coming to change his diaper or feed him. Then I closed his door, closed MY door, turned on a floor fan and went to bed. I didn't hear anything all night but of course my first night to be able to sleep through I'm SICK and couldn't sleep. I woke up once to get Theraflu and then woke up again to my nose just running like a faucet everywhere. I hate summer colds. So he may have cried, may not...but whenever I was awake I didn't hear him. It is 6am now and I'm wide awake while he is still sleeping. YIPEE! I think it's working. So Jon and I are going to San Diego tonight and my mom offered to keep Ryder for us the whole weekend! We are excited to get a little vacation together. However, I am so sad to leave him. I'm pretty sure I'll cry. I feel like he's too young for me to leave him even though he's bottle fed and my mom is completely capable of taking care of him. I hope he sleeps good for her at night.

17 comments:

All of us! said...

you are yoo cute!! Ryder is a good boy!!! And good for you and Jon for taking a little vacation!!!!! you both more than deserve it! Have fun and feel better!!!

Cari Florence said...

Have a fun trip! Cali is perfect this time of year. And don't worry you'll have fun even though your little guy isn't there.

Anonymous said...

YAY Ryder...what a big boy! WOO HOO...yay for mom and dad too...sleeping all night...well except for sick mama! LOL. Don't fret about your getaway. Leaving is always the hardest part, but you'll enjoy the break and grandma will spoil him. Have fun! You'll bawl like a baby when you come back and hold him for the first time...LOL...I always do...even with my big kids...I'm a crier.

Kristi & Austin said...

good job ryder!!!! Have fun in San Diego, My mom is so good at watching cayden for us too, we have gone on a few trips alone and it is so nice to have alone time with the hubby. I just hope she wants to do it when number 2 gets here.... haha cuz I will really need a trip by then:) have a blast!

Celeste and Devyn said...

Thanks, I will have to try it. Ah it sucks so bad. I still haven't seen Ryder! Well when Kenzie gets here we'll have to make come over and see you. What a nice mother :) Hope you guys have fun!!!

Lois Lane said...

So did he actually sleep in his bed? I won't tell my sister that you let him sleep in his car seat. We have very strong opinions about that in our branch of the family.

Arnett's said...

YAY! You are way smart for shuttin 2 doors and having a fan on. I was dumb and had the monitor on and just stressed out when I made him sleep through the night. YAY! So fun to go ALONE!! You will miss him, but not.

Mark and Gretchen said...

Ryder slept for 19 hours the first night at Grandma's and then seven hours the next night. I think he is getting the hang of things...very SMART boy. I got so attached to him that I just need to come over to your house everyday to see him for just 20 minutes or so.....
You can leave him with this grandma ANYTIME!

Mark and Gretchen said...

Whoops.... a TYPO... he slept for 10 hours not 19 LOL!

Ashlee said...

i was looking at a friends blog and came across yours. What a cute little boy. I have a 3 month old and he still sleeps in our room in his bassinett. My husband is scared to death to put him in his own room in the crib because he is a spitter upper. But i am scared that once we try to, he wont sleep good because he is used to sleeping within earshot of us. Any suggestions??

Ashlee said...

is Ryder a pacifier baby? Isaiah is, and the doctor is telling us to stop it because he has had thrush for like 1 1/2 weeks and it is not clearing up. We didn't give it to him last night when we put him down to sleep, and he cried for 20 minutes,so we gave in,lol Isaiah spits up alot, but also chokes and will gag on it,so that is scary and another reason we are scared to put him in his own room. We have to man excuses huh? lol

Shelley Goodman said...

Sweet, take advantage of the break! What a nice mom you have. Congrats on the all night sleeping too, you have made it through the worst and it's all uphill from here.

The Miner Family said...

It is so nice when they sleep though the night. Jen told me about your blog. I wanted to see your baby. He is so cute. I can't wait for the next Bear Family get together to see him in person. At least we can keep in touch through blogging. Yea!!

Ashlee said...

ok, we put Isaiah down to sleep at 11 last night without his pacifier. He cried/screamed for a hour and 15 minutes. Then he fell asleep and is still sleeping. It is 7:30. Whew, what a long night for him, he was probably so tired from crying!

Unknown said...

Way cute blog! You have such a wonderful family. Hope you had a great trip! It's nice to get away.

Steph said...

Ryder is super super cute!!!! we are excited to have a little guy too! i am so happy you posted so we can keep in touch and check out your blog updates!!! sounds like all is well there! the biggest problem for us is that we don't have a name for our little guy! and i loved reading your tag --- i am the same way on the fat thing -- always feel fat and no matter what if i don't feel super great, just not happy with myself! but what i would give to be 110 lbs again -- you go girl!!!
anyways, stay in touch!!!
xoxoxoxo
steph & chip

logan said...

hey you guys...you have the cutest little family! Jon how are you? This is Ashley (Carder) Cooper!