Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fatty McFatty!

Ryder had his 2 month check-up today. I can't believe he is 2 months old already - time flies! His weight is off the charts at 15 lbs 8 oz and his height is in the 97th percentile at 24 inches. Such a big boy! He had to get 3 shots and I've never seen him cry so hard but he was a strong man and as soon as I got him dressed and put him in his car seat he was fine. He didn't even cry the whole way home. So...the Dr. said he should be sleeping 12 hours straight at night (which he isn't - he wakes up after 4-6 hours and wants to eat) and that he is sleep deprived. I also told the Dr. he sleeps in his car seat at night which he said is a HUGE problem because when Ryder turns 1 and still won't sleep in his crib, THEN what am I gonna do? I totally agree. I have myself trapped and it sucks. Oh well I guess that's why the first child is the guinea pig. I have no idea what's right and wrong. So tonight is going to be Ryder's first time to sleep the whole night in his crib. The Dr. said he will probably cry the whole night but by night 4 he should be sleeping the whole night through. I'm SO excited I can't wait. I have no problem with the cold turkey method as long as it's going to work! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wow! BIG boy! We let Brooklen cry it out at 3 months. He cried for 20 minutes for about a week, and then he was fine. I TOTALLy believe in letting them cry it out. Just make sure that you don't feed him. He'll use that as "comfort" if you do.

Arnett's said...

He is so big! Yes he will cry like crazy for the first 2 or 3 nights. It is worth it to get them sleeping in the crib, but what about his spitting up? Is that better?

Mark and Gretchen said...

Be strong...you CAN do it! Don't give in...remember TOUGH LOVE!

All of us! said...

15 lbs!!! holy smokes!!! :) he is going to be a big tall guy!!! I can't wait to have he and McKenna next to each other....she is a skinny 11lbs 7oz! Good luck we are battling the sleeping in her crib thing righarting to work....