
It's official - Ryder will no longer take a pacifier. It's actually been weeks now that I haven't been able to get him to take it, but I wanted to document that he is now pacifier-free!! In his first few weeks of life, the pacifier was the only way I could get him back to sleep in the night. Then as time went on he would only take it when he was REALLY tired and just couldn't fall asleep or when he was hungry and I needed to hold him over for a bit. But now...now he won't take it at all - EVER. It's kinda of weird to me only because I've never known a baby to not take a binky. I always thought all babies loved them. I even worried that Ryder would be 3 years old and still sucking on one - I did NOT want that to happen. So I guess my only worry now is trying to find something else to soothe him when he's cranky. Hmmm......
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Buh-bye Binky!
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 7:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Brooklen has never taken a pacifier. You are right. I think it is better that way. Now, you don't have to worry about weaning him from it. Once he starts teething, he'll find plenty of other things to suck on anyway.
hEY!! It was fun to hear from you! Yah, Friday night of C.T. was a blast ya think? John Fogarty did have a ton of hits, but he took FOR-EH-VAH! I was "GET ON WITH SUGARLAND ALREADY~!!" Anyhow, but Sugarland was OF COURSE amazing! I liked their backdrops and all of their songs were hits so it was all fun! What did you like the most? Have fun seeing all the crazy people?!! Hahah!
Your lucky. My 3 year old nephew still sneaks his sisters pacifier to take a hit. LOL. Its like crack for him or something. I promise I will be better on my blog this week. I never know if anyone looks at it until they get on me for not updating it. he he
Oh man...Binky rejection is very sad...for the mom...LOL! You are right though....you don't want to deal with it later on! My kids all lost interest by 5 months...Peyton didn't last even 5 months! Kiss that cutie patootie for me!
You are funny. I am not feeling like a cute pregnant chick right now, so its good to hear it from people like you:) I am going crazy with Cayden right now, he is such a boy and into everything, I swear I have no energy!!!!!! enjoy the non mobile child of yours.. it only gets worse.lol
I also felt lucky because Brayden didn't take a binky either. He enjoyed sucking on my fingers much more for some reason. Luckily I never had the screaming baby at night when a pacifier fell out. I thank my lucky stars!! I don't think I'll ever offer any of my kids a pacifier now.
I will say we are lucky...she is sooo nosey that it is making her advance a little quicker!! hahaha. In reality she is a very strong little one. But you just watch. ...One day you and Ryder are going to be playing and he will hold his little head up for long periods of time!! Oh and the bottle thing...I am mean, I sort of forced that one on her....Since right about the time she turned 3 months old she started grabbing for her bottle so I would put her hands on it while I fed her and hold them there. Then talk to her and tell her to hold on. Now she will do it on her own, not always and not for all that long...but she is getting it!! I really can't wait to see you little man!!! I need your cell number, my phone broke.....
Post a Comment