Sunday, April 27, 2008

Don't drink the water

Poor Jon-o. He came home from Mexico at midnight feeling like total crap. I guess he ate something bad down there but he won't tell me what it was. I'm assuming that's because if he even thinks about it he's gonna puke - again. When he got home he woke me up and said he needed to take a bath and I could tell he had a fever and he was breathing real heavy. When he got out of the tub I heard a huge "SPLAT!" It was followed by violent heaving sounds, which lasted for nearly 5 minutes. I've never in my life heard someone puke like that. I felt so bad for him I couldn't even sleep. I got up at about 1am to go surf the net to get my mind off the sound of vomit and decided to look up stuff about getting sick in Mexico. I found a site that said if you get even a mouthful of water while taking a shower, you could get very ill. However, I don't think it's the water that made him sick. It mos def has to be the food. When we go to Mexico I strictly eat bean burritos because you don't have to worry about anything being undercooked. There was one and only one time I decided to get a carne asada taco because everyone kept raving about how good they were. The meat was sitting out on a plate in the sun surrounded by flies before they made it into a taco but I tried to ignore that. The second the last bite hit my stomach I felt the trots comin on. Luckily I didn't get any serious food poisoning. It only took about 3 bathroom trips to clear it out of my system. Since then I have sworn to eat nothing but burritos when in Mexico. Hopefully Jon will do the same. His dad and sister have gotten sick from the food there before and had diarrhea for up to a month! So I ended up not falling asleep until 2:00 this morning and of course my lil' Ryder bug decided he was hungry at 4:45. Can I just say that I am butt ugly tired? It's okay though. I am willing to lose any amount of sleep for my boys.

5 comments:

Sunny Biggs said...

OMG I am so sorry to heart that Jon came home sick. that really sucks. Is he all better now? Poor Jon. Being a mommy and a wife have to be a super woman, and YOU are a super woman

Anonymous said...

Love the new layout...very nice! Poor Jon..Mexico is nasty...I went once and swore I would never return...the thought of their food makes my stomach turn...dangerous stuff! Hope he gets to feeling better soon! Get some sleep and give Ryder kisses for me!

August and Melissa said...

Cute blog! Poor Jon- Get some sleep and then let's hang out again- I had fun with you and Sunny-let's do girl's night more often

jon♥kara said...

Yuck, getting sick from dirty Mexico is never fun. I really like your quote in your header, I love that movie!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

ohhh that is so sad Lara. FUN TIMES AT YOUR HOUSE IT SOUNDS. Loved those endless sleepless nights. Hang in there. It will all go by soooo fast. Hope Jon is feeling better.