So...I was looking through my pictures and it turns out I don't have ANY of my dad by himself. In this picture you can't even see his face, but I just like it anyways. Today is my dad's birthday and I just wanted to talk about why I love him. Here are my reasons...
1. He is SUPER kind and soft-hearted. You can be the worst kid in the world (me as a teenager) and he will still forgive and forget and do anything for you.
2. He is a hard worker. He pretty much worked himself to the bone at Motorola for most of his life so that he could support our family and give us all the things we needed and wanted.
3. He is a worthy priesthood holder and AVID churchgoer. I am so lucky that my dad was able to give us blessings growing up. It made me realize that I wanted that in my home when I got married and I am so proud to have Jon as a priesthood holder. All my life I remember that my dad did not want us to miss church unless we were bleeding out our eyes. At the time I thought it was totally unfair, but now I feel the same way. I always feel remorseful for missing church, even when one of us is sick.
4. He likes to play games. My dad is always willing to play any game any time just so we can be together.
5. He is a great grandpa. He is always wanting to play with his grandkids and hold them and I think it's sweet.
Well the list can go on and on but Ryder is waking up from a nap so I gotta go. Happy Birthday Dad! You're the best. We love you!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Happy Birthday to Pops!
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 11:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is sweet. Happy Birthday Lara's dad!!
Your dad is a great uncle too! Happy Birthday Uncle Mark!
What a nice tribute! I didn't get mine done before I left...and I stole mom for Disneyland on his birthday!
Thank you. Just happened to see this.
I love you with all my heart. You are a wonderful daughter.
Love
Dad
Post a Comment