Thursday, October 30, 2008

Insomnia

Anyone know how to cure insomnia? The past couple of weeks I haven't been able to sleep at night. I'm exhausted all day and then it comes time for bed and I'm wired. My mind just spins all night long and I can't sleep the whole night through without waking up at LEAST once. Most of the time I wake up every hour or wake up and can't fall back asleep for an hour or two. I'm slowly going insane. I got in bed at 9:00pm and it is now 3:27 am and I have not fallen asleep. I even took a sleeping pill at about 12:30 and all it did was make me feel "floaty" and numb and tingly all at the same time. My eyes are starting to wig out on me too but I can't for the life of me fall asleep. I'm not stressed or anything and I didn't have a ton of caffeine so I'm not quite sure what's wrong. All I know is that there's no point in trying to sleep now because I would be waking up in 2.5 hours to get ready for work and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the day without pumping myself full of caffeine (which I don't like doing).

6 comments:

Tyler and Neihlee said...

Who watches Ryder when you are at work? If it makes you feel better, I was still at school when you where up this morning, I am sorry that you can't sleep-My dad has the same problem sometimes and it really becomes taxing on your body. I hope you can figure something out!

Amber Howard said...

I went through a period of insomnia and nothing seemed to work. I couldn't shut my mind off long enough to get any sleep. Its horrible. I'm sorry. Try listening to an ipod. That does help sometimes.

Mark and Gretchen said...

When all else fails..ask for some Heavenly help. Try a warm tub and rub lotion all over yourself. Clear your mind by reading a book or the scriptures....sometimes the scriptures will put you to sleep faster ....tee hee. It worked on Dad tonight during scripture study. He said ...."I'm losing it....we have to stop now." He was the one filling in the blanks on our study guide. LOL!

Mark and Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joy said...

I have a hard time falling asleep too. Last night it took me 4 hours to get to sleep! I usually read the scriptures until I can't read anymore, and then just lay there TRYING not to think about anything... I feel for you!

allie said...

i don't know what kind of sleeping pill you are taking but at our house we use. calms forte (i think sprouts has the best deal on it but i think walmart has it too.) It is supposed to just relax you so you can fall asleep. Also melatonin.... less is more when it comes to this pill just go for the 1mg pill.. and try not to take it over and over again for long periods of time. here and there is just fine. Josh takes one calms forte and he is OUT! so he will hat a half of either one he takes... he is sensitive to the pills for some reason. For me I take the recommended amount and it works just make sure you are able to get enough sleep :o)