
Ryder is 8 months old today! He weighs 23.5 lbs and is just getting heavier by the day. He still has only 2 teeth and he likes to bite EVERYTHING! When he bites my hand it hurts so bad. They are like little daggers. He loves to eat everything and anything. The other day I was blogging and he got real quiet (which all mothers know means trouble) so I went to check on him and he had pulled the rubber tip off a doorstop and had it in his mouth!!! Luckily I got it out without struggle or he might have choked. I have also caught him twice crawling over to the kitchen and finding a little felt circle (the kind you stick under chair legs so they don't drag across the floor) and trying to eat it. So gross! I also HAVE to add that our bottom floor is ALL tile so Jon got extra carpet from his parents and cut a big "area rug" for us. It is not bound on the edges so I am always sweeping up loose carpet fibers because Ryder loves to sit at the edge of the rug, pull the fibers out, and try to eat them. I have to watch him like a hawk these days! I gave him his first real spanking today. You can call me a bad mom if you want but I think he's old enough to start getting SOME discipline. I was trying to change his (poopie) diaper and he kept kicking me and trying to crawl away so once I got his butt clean I gave him a nice firm swat on the bum cheek. He cried, but got over it pretty quick. Then he proceeded to kick me more, all while I'm trying to keep poop OFF my furniture. So I swatted his butt again. It took about 3 spanks for him to finally stop. His favorite thing to do since he started becoming mobile is crawling to my entertainment center and pulling every single DVD we own out on to the floor to play with. I clean up DVD's daily. See him in action in the picture above.
Monday, October 6, 2008
8 Months!!
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
OMG I feel your pain....Anything and everything goes into their little mouths. I am constantly digging out lent, dog food, paper, toilet paper, crumbs, crayons, anything out of Ryan's mouth! And it only takes a second of not looking before they sneak something in there. And why do they like the DVD's so much. Mine opens up the glass cabinet and spreads them all over the place.. WHY? Kids they are forever a mystery but so cute!
LOL...now you know why I am crazy...now just do this 3 more times...and we can share a room at the crazy house together...lol! Aren't babies fun? Good thing he's cute!
I know what you mean about watching Ryder like a hawk. OMG, Isaiah is into everything! He turned 9 months today.
Yey he's crawling now!!! :) I wanna see him!
Ha ha.. I love that little guy. Well he's not so little. I'm gonna start calling him tubby cuz I love his fatness. I was laughing at the thought of you changing his diaper and him trying to get away. He is just as stubborn as you so I can just imagine the struggle. ha ha
Post a Comment