Saturday, October 18, 2008

Grumpy Old Woman

I am only 23 and I feel like such a grumpy old woman. Let me just start off this rant by saying I have one major complaint about our apartment and that is noise. You can hear EVERYTHING! It is 1:05am and I can't sleep because there are stupid college students having a party outside!! They did this about 3 weekends ago and the party lasted until 4am, which is when I could finally fall asleep. Lucky for them it was a Saturday night and we have late church so it was annoying but I blew it off. They lucked out once again because tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have much going on. I got out of bed to look out my window and it woke Jon up so I asked him to PLEASE go tell the people to shut up and of course he said, "No. Just put a pillow over your head." I am so annoyed but too chicken to go out there and ask them to please SHUT UP! The stupid girls keep screaming and yelling, "WHOOOO!!!!!" I wanna go sucker punch them. It also doesn't help that in my first 3 hours of attempted slumber I was rudely awaken by Jon 3 different times because he was either sleep walking or talking. He has been getting worse. He used to do it every once in a while only one time during the night. This past week he's been doing it 2-3 times per night every night!!! I'm just ready to freak out. I know he can't help it but I HATE being woken up. I'm just so grumpy and old already. I used to be a college student and go to parties and I would hate the stupid old people that would break up our parties and complain about the noise. I am now the stupid old people getting mad at the stupid young party people. Life is just one viscious cycle.

9 comments:

Sara said...

I am the same grumpy old lady. I just call the cops. I tried yelling at our neighbors a few times last year, Anthony yelled too, but then I just started calling the cops. Only 1 incident since then. Seems to have worked!

Completely Random said...

Squares speaks the truth. I call the cops all the time. Just make sure you lookup the non-emergency number because if you call 911 they get cranky 'cause it's not an emergency even though there is a possibility I will commit homicide/genocide if the cops don't jump on that action stat. Another thing you can do is go onto craigslist or myspace and post a bulletin that there is a gang bang at the address of the party thrower. Won't they be red in the face when their lil alcohol fest turns into an orgy with the internet's finest?

Ashlee said...

That is to funny. I am like you, I hate when late at night I hear stuff going on outside. We had renters that lived across the street from us for about 8 months, they were always fighting (husband and wife) late at night. I called the cops on them several times. They were also selling drugs out of the house. Nice huh! Thank goodness they are gone.

Anonymous said...

Uhm...I have jumped in my Tahoe before at 1 a.m. to yell at my inconsiderate neighbors who were screaming obscenities during their party in their backyard. Sherm was out of town and I was NOT going to put up with it. I then called the cops and then Sherm made a visit in uniform to let them know their behavior would NOT be tolerated in the future. lol.

Cari Florence said...

I am so that old woman too!! I get angry if people disturb me after midnight! And to be quite honest I've called the cops on a party before because it was just so stinking loud and I was afraid they'd wake up Brayden. I NEVER thought I'd be that lady!! What happened to us cool teenagers??

Amber Howard said...

If your old then I must be ancient. Your post made me think of the time when you told the guys off at your old house because you didn't want them to wake up Ryder. ha ha I think I'll come make noise outside your window one night just so I can see if you come out and chew me out. lol j/k

Ashlee said...

Lara, hi! I am having a open house for my scentsy products on November 1, Saturday, from 10-2, come and go. I am hoping you can attend and bring a friend or two. Hope to see you there!

Tyler and Neihlee said...

I hate to rub it in but I love the fact that the only noise we hear at our house are cows mooing!!! I am soooooo sorry that you have to deal with that...you should move to Idaho, than you won't have to have noisey neighbors, or have neighbors at all!!

Sunny Biggs said...

Oh Lara I am sorry about the noises...calling the cops really is the best way so that they can't be hatin' you. So i have bribed my downstairs guy cuz he plays loud music that goes Boom Boom. So Ryana and i introduced ourselves and told him our sleeping schedule and brought him some cheesecake. We have not heard noise since.