Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Craft Kit

Look at what I made! It's a Martha Stewart Halloween wreath making kit! Looks kinda cheap, I know. It was only 15 bucks but I was kinda in a crafty mood today so I picked this bad boy up at Michaels. It was NOT easy. I had to brush glue on some of the leaves and sprinkle glitter on them...very messy. Then I had to gather leaves together in clusters and wire them together. THEN I had to use special tape to attach all the leaf clusters to the circle frame all while keeping Ryder busy. Also, NOT VERY EASY! I even took him to Trader Joe's after Michaels and they gave him a balloon so I figured he would keep busy while I crafted away. But NOOOO!
I gave this little man snacks, toys, took several breaks to hold him and play with him, and he STILL would not play by himself. He was SO into what I was doing.
What was that??? You're spoiled? I know it!
See! The proof is on his face. I was doing everything I could to keep him from wanting me. What can I say? My little man loves me...AND my new wreath. He crawled over to it about 2 minutes after I finished it and tried to pull it apart.

4 comments:

The Holmes' said...

Hellooooo! I have not been to Six Flags since I went on a church retreat like 10 years ago! It was a ton of fun! And, yes I know about the whole baby thing! Every one is telling us that! LOL I guess we are at the point where if it happens, it happens, but we really are enjoying it just being us, ya know? Anyway...so yes Kelli is back and yes her hair does look pretty red in these pics, but it has more brown in it:) Kevin, her boyfriend, actually moved here about 2 weeks ago, so we should plan another lunch since she would be able to make it this time! Ryder is getting so big! I would love to see him again-and you too! Let's plan it!!

Lindsey said...

Love your craftiness! The wreth is too cute and looks hard. Keeping kids busy while crafty is almost impossible! I usually get the most done at nap time or bedtime but sometimes you get that itch and try to keep them busy but it is soooo hard!

Ryder is way too cute!

Blaylock said...

Ryder is getting so big! Great job on the craft! I'm proud of you because I totally would've given up on it and just played with the baby instead. That's why my house is always a total disaster. Drew won't let me do anything!

Anonymous said...

Love the wreath..and your cute chubby boy!