Monday, July 28, 2008

Mr. Independent

For a while now Ryder has been doing pretty well at sitting up in his highchair and bumbo chair. He always sits up real straight and doesn't wobble too much. However, I never thought to actually put him on the floor to see if he could sit by himself. I mean I've tried a couple times before but he couldn't do it at all so I just thought it would be a long time before he could do it himself. Yesterday we were at Jon's parents' house just hanging out and Jon decided to set Ryder down to sit on the floor. He didn't fall over!!! In fact he sat there for quite a while before he fell backwards. I was so surprised! He was sitting so well and I had no idea he could do it. He's probably been waiting forever for me to realize it. He doesn't really like laying on his back to play anymore. I posted a video below of him sitting and playing in his room. It's kinda long but I am just so proud of how long he can sit there. At the end he tumbles over but I promise he didn't even cry. I won't lie though...he did fall about 4 times before I shot the video and one of the times he hit his head on the wicker basket behind him. Yeah, he cried a little. The other pictures are Ryder with his daddy who he loves SO much. Don't mind the nipples picture...it is just my favorite. They are my twin thugs :) Tonight I was feeding Ryder and Jon came home from work and all he had to do was smile and Ryder just started giggling at him. I can't get him to giggle like Jon can. I love to watch them play though. They are such boys!



11 comments:

August and Melissa said...

He's so cute! Yey Ryder! You're so big now! I wanna just squeeze him!

All of us! said...

What a big boy!!! Just wait until he starts crawling everywhere! It happens fast!!!!! I want to see you all soon!!

Joy said...

That's impressive, how cute is he! I want to play with him some more, we need another girls day.

Anonymous said...

LOL....that darn basket came out of nowhere...gheez! YAY Ryder....big boy...I can't believe it. Sutton was watching the video with me...he said, "Is that me or Tatoe mom?"...lol...uhm...neither...that's your cousin, but his big bald head reminds me of Baby Butters...lol. What a cutie. Give him a high five from Aunt Sony.

Amber Howard said...

Love the pictures. I got worried when I saw the nipple warning and I couldn't see the picture yet. I was relieved when I scrolled down and saw you were talking about Jon. Ha ha I was afraid your blog needed a parental warning now! LOL

Brooke Akins said...

So Sonia told me how you are hesitant about sticking rider in a big boy car seat because he is only 5 months but he is too big for him little car seat. Ava was the same way. i stuck her in her big one at 5 months and she LOVED it. She liked how she could look out the window and at me instead of at the seat. Now the doctor said it was totally fine considering she weighs 22 lbs. So if you want to you totally can. Just thought i would give you that info.

Lindsey said...

Oh I am so happy for you! Wait til he starts pulling up on furniture, trying to walk, and calls you Mama. You are going to love it all! He is so cute I can't stand it. Love the piano pictures too!

Anonymous said...

I love him! He is the cutest little guy! I am so proud of him for sitting up! Super cute!

Kristi & Austin said...

Thank you so much for offering to help out and cook for us. YOu are too kind. I think we are good. My mom has been making us food, and now that we are home things have camled down. Thanks for thinking of us. Being a mom is a whole different way of life when your kids get sick... its awful!

hairprincess said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie I love that pic of ya too your eyes look sweet! Just wait till he starts crawling, Meg is getting into everything now! And she is totally wanting to walk now, what am I to do with myself!! haha Well we just got back so we gota get to gether sometime and swim or something!

Alissa Mott said...

Hey Lara! I came acorss your blog and just wanted to say hi... your baby is adorable:)