Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Overworked and Underpaid


I wasn't really sure how to title this post. Last night Jon asked me to help him with an essay on foreign investments (which I know nothing about) that is due in his summer school English 102 class tonight. It has to be 6-8 pages long and he hadn't even STARTED! AHHH! That's my procrastinator! So we kinda had a busy day yesterday but I assured him that we would work on it and at least get half of it done even if we had to stay up until midnight. Why I made this promise I have no clue because when we finally sat down to work on it at 9:30 I thought I was gonna pass out. Well we did get it half done after much brainfarting and hysterical laughing at the B.S. we can come up with. So midnight comes and we go to bed and can I just say that I am an awesome wife for staying up so late to help my husband with homework when my lil' bug was gonna be waking up 5 1/2 hours later!!! Don't mind if I do. So anyways I'm just layin there sleepin minding my own business when all of a sudden I am woken out of a DEEP sleep by Jon who RIPS my covers off and starts SLAPPING me!!! After a few seconds of beat down I realize that he is doing it in his sleep! I felt like I was screaming his name to try and wake him up but he would not wake up. He continued to slap me followed by pushing me out of bed onto the floor and slapping me more!!! I just kept yelling and yelling and then FINALLY he stopped and grabbed me and just started laughing!!! I was so pissed I pushed him and then jumped into bed and couldn't help but just start balling my eyes out. I had never been so rudely awakened or so terrified of Jon in our whole marriage. He calmed down and turned the light on trying to comfort me but I couldn't stop the waterworks. When I calmed down I looked at the clock and it was 3am. I had only been asleep 3 hours and didn't know HOW I could possibly fall back asleep. Then I looked at Jon who had the most puzzled look on his face and he asked me, "What just happened?" I said, "Are you kidding me? You just tried to beat the crap outta me in your sleep!" He just giggled and said, "I was trying to get the snakes off you." I said, "Jon, there were NO snakes on me. I was sleeping." He said, "I had a dream that you had snakes and spiders crawling all over you and I was trying to get them off of you." Wow. So I sacrifice time and sleep and THIS is how he repays me? If anyone knows how to cure sleepwalking I'm the most open-minded person in the world right now.

9 comments:

Arnett's said...

OH my gosh. That is hilarious. I know how frightening that is though... Anthony was "working on me" in his sleep alot! It is scary!! The only way that I got used to it was by being a light sleeper. When he sleep walks I wake up and say Anthony, go back to sleep. I just say that softly about 10 times and he eventually goes back to sleep! Sorry you got the smack down!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

I am sitting at my desk cracking up right now. That is so funny, but would be really scary.
I love all the new pictures of Ryder. I can't believe he's already 5 months. He's such a cute little guy!

Sunny Biggs said...

omg lara! that is so funny!!! i dont mean to be insensitive but i am sure you are laughing about that now.

it would be really scary to be woken up like that. i would proby cry my eyes out too! i am sorry. :(

Tyler and Neihlee said...

I am sooo sorry but that is hilarious! I do know how you feel about being woke up while in a deep sleep--I hate that! Boys are so silly- I don't know anything about sleep walkin so I am of no help...But I do love to hear your stories about Jon!

Mackenzie said...

That was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time! Should I call the cops for you? I never would've taken Jon for a wife beater. Thanks for making my day!

Ashley Madsen said...

That is SO funny even though I would have been terrified and FURIOUS if it happened to me.

Coby doesn't sleep walk, but has done some funny things in his sleep. He has hit me a few times, one time he was playing volleyball in his sleep and started screaming volleyball terms out, another time he made his figer like a gun and was shooting at something on the ceiling (with sound effects), but he has never sat up and actually done anything. He's always been laying down. I have no idea how that can be fixed.

Celeste and Devyn said...

oh my, thats hilarious. Hey, at least in his sleep he was helping you! :) even though it sounds like it was probably the scariest thing ever!!!

Devyn has a snake phobia, he HATES them. One time he woke up all freaked out in the middle of the night, turned on the lights and was checking the bed cause he had a dream there was a snake in the bed. It was pretty funny.

Cari Florence said...

You poor thing!! I would've freaked out if Ryan had done that to me. At least he was trying to protect you in his dream though and not hurt you :)

Amber Howard said...

Okay... I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time but it makes for a funny story. I don't have any pointers... but I loved reading your story. Oh, and I'm back now so we need to hang out. :D