Monday, July 7, 2008

5 Months!!! And other good stuff too!

My brother Wil bought me some sweet Aviators. They look better on Ryder.
Watchin' tv in the Bumbo chair that Sara loaned us. He looks like a lil' peanut. HAHA!! I love it.
Jon is so talented. He built this poker table from an old rickety table that was falling apart.
We are gonna have a poker night and then hopefully sell it for a good price :)
Ryder sitting in his highchair like a big boy...okay so he has a little help.
He sucks his thumb between EVERY bite of food. It's so funny but makes it hard to feed him.
Mmmmm....squash!
Just me n' my lil' bug. He always has red eye like me in pictures.
Just had a bath, watchin' baby einstein and suckin' that thumb before bedtime.

Okay so I know that it looks like all Ryder does is sit in his swing but a lot of times he looks so cute in it and I can get the perfect angle on him. He really only sits in that swing when he watches baby einstein. The batteries are dead but it's a perfect little recliner for him :) Anyways, Ryder turned 5 months old yesterday! He is soooo big. I'm sure by his check-up next month he'll be over 20 pounds. But I can wait for that check-up because he'll have to get more shots :( He is starting to roll over now. Hasn't quite mastered it and still needs a little help but my mom saw him do it all by himself. I'm sad I missed it. I thought he was NEVER gonna roll because he just has so much weight to shift around. Speaking of shifting...I will put him near the foot of his crib on his tummy for a nap and when he wakes up I will go to get him and find him at the HEAD of the bed in the corner trying to find a way out! HA! It's so funny. He is such a scooter!! He sits in his highchair without a blanket for support (the picture above is kinda old) and he eats baby food twice a day now. He likes pretty much everything I've given him, but he seems to really spit up the sweet potatoes too much. So I'm not gonna be giving those to him anymore even though they taste like CANDY! And yes....he is still a puker. AHH! I can't wait for it all to end. I've never seen a baby spit up so much. It's impossible to keep either of our clothes nice. I swear he pukes the most when I have him in a super cute outfit. His Dr. said he will probably stop spitting up when he is 9 months old. So basically this will go on for 4+ more months. Ryder is also discovering his voice and likes to belt out really high-pitched squeals. It's pretty cute but sometimes I just wanna put him on mute! On another note, Ryder slept for 11 hours straight last night....again. It's been a few weeks since he did that and it happens once in a blue moon, but he was so tired he conked out. It was so nice to put him down at 8pm and wake up with him at 7am rather than wake up at 5am, feed him, put him back down, then go back to bed. I hate doing that. I'd rather wake up at 7 and just be up for the day and there's no way I will get up for the day at 5am. No siree. So that is the latest with us. I just love my family :)

13 comments:

Arnett's said...

Uber cute. When is poker? Remember when I played with you and your bros and I lost bad? I do cause that is the first and only time I have played! Good job Jon.

Anonymous said...

OH...what a big boy...he is super handsome and I can't wait to kiss those cheeks again.

Kristi & Austin said...

your little one is a doll and you are too sweet. I feel so stinkin fat its awful. I go to the Dr in a few hours, and will let ya know wat she says

Shelley Goodman said...

He sure does like that thumb. What a cutie. Good luck in that poker game too!

Tyler and Neihlee said...

Awesome table Jon--wish I was close enough to come play! My boys puked too--they stopped once they were on strictly solids and I had stopped nursing them. Mason, they had to make him drink that chalk stuff and take an x-ray to see how much reflux he had. He ended up taking a medicine for it. But it got better!

August and Melissa said...

Fun times- We'll play poker! I miss you- I wanna hang out soon! Call me- I still don't have a job currently, but have been to a lot of interviews this week. So call me whenever- I'm always home :)

All of us! said...

Looks like things are going great in the Stowell Home!! Love the pictures!! Ryder is soo so cute and looking more like Jon in every picture!!! We miss you guys!!

Ashlee said...

I love the picture of him with the sunglasses on and him watching t.v.. So cute! Isaiah spits up still all the time also. We took him to get pictures taken today and I was constantly holding a burp rag underneath him the whole time so he wouldnt spit up on his clothes,lol

Tatum said...

Don't they just grow too fast! He is such a little cutie pie!!He is the perfect mix of both of you. That poker table is awesome. What a handyman!

Anonymous said...

I love him!!! He is soo cute in those sunglasses:) And I am so impressed with that poker table. That is skill!

hairprincess said...

He is such a cute little guy I just wana hug him!:) I am sad we werent able to hang out we def have to soon and go swimming or just do lunch or something fun!

Ashley Madsen said...

He is just getting to be the most handsome little boy! I can't believe how grown up he is getting.

Arnett's said...

I stopped eating about a week and a half ago. It is working wonders!!