Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Valentine's Day



Since Valentine's Day was on a Sunday this year I'm sure most people celebrated on Saturday. Well...we had a SUPER busy Saturday. We got to Jon's parents' house at 7am to set out our stuff for a combined garage sale. We didn't stop until noon and I basically stood the entire time giving people prices and giving change and trying to keep an eye on Ryder who was running rampant. I was EXHAUSTED! When we closed up the sale, I took Ryder to my parents' house to take a nap while Jon went riding with his brothers and mom (they were supposed to go to the dunes but it didn't happen so I decided to be nice and let him go riding at Queen Valley instead). While he was doing that, I went to Chandler mall with Ryder, my Mom, and brother Wil. It was crazy busy. I got some AWESOME maternity pants with our garage sale money and I don't even care that they were expensive because they are glorious. I've never been so comfortable. Jon finally got back around the dinner hour and by then we were all SOOO tired we didn't even feel like going out. So Jon ordered sushi from Sakana (our favorite) and then headed out the door to go pick it up. He was gone FOREVER and I knew something was up. I called him and he said they forgot to give us our edamame so he had to wait for it. When he finally came home, he had a GIANT balloon - literally the biggest I've ever seen - and a dozen peach passion roses for me. He never surprises me so this was a big deal. The roses have blossomed and they are gorgeous right now. I wish flowers lasted forever. So all in all we had a great Valentine's evening just eating sushi together and relaxing. Yes, even Ryder eats sushi rolls. He loves it. He also loved the edamame (soy beans). I couldn't get them out of the shell fast enough he was inhaling them. We love that he eats sushi with us. If he hated it I would be sad.

2 comments:

salena said...

You guys are so cute! And that sushi looks yummy, I'm excited about tommorrow!

mbreck said...

Precious. And the balloon is crazy big. So cute. I love love love edamame