Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Big 2!

Dear Ryder,

I have imagined this day coming for a long time but I can't believe it's already here! You are 2 years old today!!! 2 years ago at 5:04am on a Wednesday all 9lbs of you came into the world and we could not believe how big you were! Well, you got big FAST and never stopped growing. You have always looked like your Daddy, but the older you get, the more I see a little of myself in you. You sure are cute!!! Daddy and I are ALWAYS talking about how we got so lucky to have such a cute little boy in our lives. You have such a fun-loving and outgoing personality. You are SUPER friendly and wave and talk to everyone and anyone. You are talking so much these days and trying to form sentences. You are also smart. You really are learning things in nursery at church. You can point out Jesus and the temple in any picture. You say prayers and you say the cutest "amen" at the end. You loooove babies and you are always so gentle with them. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be a great brother to your little sister when she comes. You can be a bully at times but you are also very kind-hearted. We love having you around. You always keep us on our toes and laughing. You are so busy and everyone is quick to notice that you just never stop moving. You are always on the go! Your favorite things to do are jump on the trampoline, ride bikes or scooters, and play with trains or balloons. Your favorite movies are UP and Thomas the Train. You eat yogurt for breakfast almost every single morning...I'm just wondering when you're going to get sick of it. You LOVE your grandmas and grandpas. You call them "ma" or "papa." You switched from the crib to a big boy bed a few months ago and you did SO well! You are just growing up and we are so proud of who you are becoming. I can't wait to see what the next year brings! I love you so much!

Love,
Mom

6 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Birthday weekend Ryder! I'm sorry he's so sick, hopefully he'll feel better soon!

Kristi & Austin said...

Lara, One of my favorite things about my kids birthdays is writing them each a special letter like this... Ryder is such a cute boy. You are really blessed! Happy Birthday Buddy!

The Holmes' said...

Awww Happy Birthday little man! This is so sweet:)

All of us! said...

Two years old! AND such a handsome boy! it is hard to believe that our babies won't be "babies" for much longer!! you and Jon should be very proud, Ryder is a wonderful little boy!! Happy birthday little man!

Adrienne said...

Sweet. He is such a cutie!

So, I do make all of Hurley's bows. Most of the stuff I just buy at Joanns or Hobby Lobby. Occasionally, I buy stuff online or even on ebay.

I am coming to AZ in two weeks. B would love to run around with another boy. Wanna meet somewhere and let them rough it up?

Anonymous said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Squishy Puffy! I can't believe I didn't call and sing...HORRIBLE!