Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving '09

We were at my parents' cabin for Thanksgiving and I had no internet access so here is my Thanksgiving post. Better late than never, right? Here are the things I am thankful for.

- My husband, Jon. He works SO dang hard to support us and he is the reason I get to stay home with our son. He is so helpful with Ryder and I appreciate that more than he'll ever know because I have seen a LOT of men that don't do a whole lot to help their wives.

- My healthy, happy little boy...Ryder. He makes life so much fun. He is our little entertainer and he brings amazing amounts of joy and happiness into our home. I'm thankful that he is good-natured, outgoing, and loving.

- The new baby in my belly :) I'm so thankful that I can conceive children so easily when there are SO many women out there that have difficulty. I'm thankful that I have easy pregnancies and that I haven't had to experience miscarriage when...again...SO many women out there are having one or more miscarriages.I swear there's something in our food and water.

- Family. Jon and I are lucky to have parents that live so close to us who are willing to help us out whenever we need it. Between the two sets of grandparents we almost ALWAYS have a free babysitter and that is a huge blessing. They also feed us and take us on vacations and provide us with things we need when we are running short on cash.

- A roof over my head. I complain a lot about having to live in a townhome in an apartment complex and having to climb so many stairs. But I am so thankful for our home and the nice things in it that we get to enjoy.

- Food on the table. Thanks again, Jon!

- Jon's job. What would we do without it? We have lots of nice perks with him working for his dad and Jon enjoys going to work.

- Transportation. I love my truck. It's been through a lot but I love it and I'm thankful that Jon drives an old beater so that I can drive something nice.

- Internet. 'Nuff said.

- Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Jon and I have been members our whole lives but I don't think I ever really understood the blessings it brings until I got married and began to have a family. We absolutely love our ward right now and the friends we have made and we will be so sad when that day comes that we will have to move.

Well these are just a few of my favorite things. The list could go on and on. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

August and Melissa said...

Awesome- well put

The Holmes' said...

Amen to that sista! :) And I don't know if I commented on that last post about Ryder and the wet jet incident, but that was hilarious!