Monday, November 9, 2009

There's a first time for everything!

I love this picture. I think it is my new favorite. Ryder NEVER does this. Fall asleep randomly on the couch, that is. The only way I've been able to put him down to sleep is in his crib or pack n' play where he's contained and has no choice but to just sleep. Well okay he has also fallen asleep in his high chair but that's pretty rare. Ryder and I had a play date with my sister Sonia and her little boy Peyton and afterwards we went back to my place to chill for a while. Ryder and Peyton have become oil and water. They do NOT get along because they are both at an age where sharing is very hard. We got so sick of them fighting constantly that we decided to part ways. Well...THAT and Sonia had to pick up her kids from school. Anyways, when they left Ryder was being SUPER annoying and would not stop whining at me so I told him he needed to go lay on Daddy's blanket on the couch and just relax. Not even 5 minutes later I look over and he is passed out. It was so cute I had to take a picture and the flash didn't even affect him.

In other news, we officially moved Ryder from his crib to a "big boy" bed, which is just a twin mattress on the floor for now. I wanted to keep putting this off but Jon was really into moving him to a bed. So I gave in. He was pretty excited about the fact that it was big and he could jump around on it, but when it came time to turn off the light and close the door he kinda freaked out. We have vents in our doors (weird I know) and he just stood there yelling, "MAMA!!!" and banging on the door. I tried to lay him down again and walk out and it just wasn't happening. I ended up just sitting on the floor next to his bed until he fell asleep, which only took 10 minutes thank goodness. Anyways, I think we'll leave the mattress on the floor until he's used to it and then Jon's parents have offered us their old bunk beds. YAY! I'm super excited about it. I did get a sudden sad feeling though when I realized how old Ryder is getting.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I had the same sad feeling the first time I saw Bekah in a big bed. She looked so big, not my baby anymore. But yay for big beds.

Anonymous said...

Awww....big boy! He's so cute! They were BOTH so tired that day. Peyton fell asleep in the car...lol. Naughty little elves. I hate that they don't get along :( They will one day....when they are a little older. The funny thing is that Peyton LOVES Ry and always begs for him...and then he gets him and just harasses him and ticks him off...go figure.