Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mother of the Year Over Here!!

My poor Ry. Sick as a dog. I have to document this ridiculous day so that I can read it later on and laugh. So my poor Ryder Bug has had a cold/cough for 3 weeks and I've been putting off taking him to the Dr. because I know its a huge NO NO to give cold medicine to kids under 4-6 or something so what the heck are they gonna do for him? Jon and I both figured nothing, and that Ryder will just have to let it run it's course. WELL...I finally started running the humidifier this week (I know, I know I should've done it sooner) and last night it got SO cold (and wet) in his room that he woke me up at 5am hysterically crying and just could not stop. So I took him downstairs, turned on the tube, gave him a drink, and he laid on the couch for a while. I was seriously lacking sleep since I have insomnia with pregnancy so I laid on the couch trying to catch some z's here and there. Well he was just miserable. His cough had become worse and more frequent and he seemed to have a LOT more drainage in his throat. I tried putting him down for a nap later on and he laid in bed for an hour and a half coughing and coughing AND COUGHING until I decided enough was enough. I put in a call to his Dr. for medical advice and they called me back saying that I should have brought him in after only one week of coughing and that I had to bring him in within the hour to be treated. That made me feel like CRAP! So I've been letting this go on 2 weeks too long?? He's had a cough before that lasted 2 weeks then magically disappeared so I figured he'd just get over it again. WRONG! He has a sinus infection. We saw the NP who pointed out the dark circles under his eyes that I didn't even NOTICE! I felt terrible. So he was prescribed an antibiotic and cough suppressant/antihistamine and we were on our way. I felt things were looking up and that he was finally going to start getting better. WRONG AGAIN! I went to Wal-Mart to fill the script only to be told that I couldn't pick it up for 3-4 hours. What? I said, "No thanks, I'll go somewhere else." So I drove to Walgreens and pull up to the drive-thru pharmacy. I go to grab my wallet out of my purse and it's not there, or in the diaper bag, or anywhere in the truck. UGH! I left it at Wal-Mart! So I drive back there to get it and they tell me the pharmacy is closed for lunch (stupid) but the pharmacist should still be around eating his lunch. They page him and he doesn't respond. I decide to walk over there myself and see if it's still sitting on the counter and of course...there it is!! He had closed the window and just left my wallet there to get stolen! Has he not heard of lost and found? I was grateful to have it back but still peeved. So I go BACK to Walgreens and they tell me they need 20 minutes. Perfect. I hang out at my parents' while I wait, Jon gets off work and comes over to help with Ryder, then I go back to pick up the meds. I get to the window and they tell me the cough syrup is out of stock. CRAP! So they call another location that has it and send me there. I GO there and they tell me they don't have it either. WHAT?? I said, "Are you sure? Can you please check again? I was JUST at another location and they said they called you and that you had it." Of course, 5 long minutes later they come back and say, "Oops! Someone already pulled it and set it on the counter." I couldn't believe this was happening. It was getting ridiculous. They give me the med directions and when I ask a question about the antibiotic they say, "Um...I'm not sure you'll need to call his Dr." Are you kidding me? Isn't that what they get paid the big bucks for? They're supposed to know this crap! Anyways, to try and make this long story short...it just felt like the forces of nature were working against me today. Thank goodness Ryder was such a good boy while I drove around town like a mad woman. He was running on very little sleep and feeling like crap but he's so easy going. The cough medicine has not done a darn thing yet, but I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day. I can't wait for him to be over this. 3 weeks of coughing is just...SAD! You live, you learn.

4 comments:

Kristi & Austin said...

WHAT THE CRAP!!! ugh I hate when people F with stuff, like pharmacy people. It always heppens to me. Like " like oh we dont have it here" or something like that.... Sorry he is so sick. Hope he gets feeling better!

Sara said...

You are a great mother and the Dr allways makes people feel like crap, no matter what. I hope he feels better soon!!

hairprincess said...

OH my goodness Lara I havent talked to you forever! I just got caught up on your cute blog and WOW, first of all you are prego! YAY!! I am so excited for you! I had no idea, yay that rocks. And congrats on the three years, Vegas is totally fun, I will have to hear about all your shows you saw more, I have wanted to go to those! And poor Ryder, I am so sorry it sucks having a sick baby and if you need ANYTHING let me know! We will def have to catch up soon, maybe when I cut your hair if you need it? :) Talk to you soon!:)

Stoddard's said...

Oh I am so sorry, that totally sucks, but I know what you mean with the drs. they usually don't do anything! I hope he feels better and congrats on being pregnant!