Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vegas 2009

Jon surprised me with a trip to Vegas for our 3 year anniversary. It was a long drive but it was SO nice to just be alone together and rekindle our love haha!!
There were SO many people touring the Hoover Dam it took us forever to get through so I snapped some pictures while we waited.
I thought these were some pretty cool statues.
We finally made it to Vegas and this is our hotel from a distance. We stayed at Circus Circus.
Here's the view from our hotel room. It looked so cool at night.
Our room had 2 beds. I was so happy to have my own bed all to myself. Jon knows I need lots of space to sleep.
We did a LOT of walking, walking , walking. Along our journey we saw a couple of these Mimes.
We could not figure out how to get my camera to take good pictures at night, so the next few are kind of crappy and blurry. Oh well.
Some random guy took this picture of us. It's like the worst one. HAHA!
The first night in Vegas we went to see Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian hotel. It was awesome. In the center of the picture is a giant chandelier. It lights up and swings over the audience during the show but we obviously can't take pics during the show. The set was AMAZING!!! Definitely a must see if you ever go to Vegas. The second night we saw Criss Angel Believe: Cirque du Soleil. Not our favorite show. He's definitely a freak and the Cirque du Soleil performance was NOT what I thought it was gonna be at all.
I fell in love with all the buildings and architecture there. Pretty much every hotel was incredible. Here is the Stratosphere. We wanted to go see the top of it but we never did. We definitely needed more time there's so much to see.
This is INSIDE The Venetian. It totally feels like you're outside when you're in there.
There is even water inside there. This was my favorite hotel so I had Jon take my pic.
Yes...there is even a gondola ride inside the hotel. AMAZING?? I think so.
And of course the outside of The Venetian
Here is the Bellagio - my second favorite. There is a huge water show that plays out front all throughout the day and night. It's the coolest thing.
Excalibur. Cool...but not THAT cool.
MGM Grand. Roar!
I LOVED New York New York from the outside. The statue of liberty was so pretty at night.
Last but not least...Paris hotel. Sorry the picture isn't rotated correctly. Isn't it so pretty though? We had THE BEST time of our lives. It felt like we were newlyweds again. We ate SO much good food and got to see so many awesome things and of course Jon gambled a little. I think he learned his lesson though. He won't be doing that again for a LOOOOONG time. We will definitely be going back to Vegas again in a few years...maybe with another couple or two. Thanks Sonia and Jenn for taking good care of Ryder for us. It was nice to not have to worry about him so much. Below is a video of the water show in front of the Bellagio. It's long, but awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Glad you had a good time. Happy Anniversary!

Joy said...

I think Vegas is one of those places you have to visit at least once, they have some really cool stuff there. I'm glad you had a good time!

August and Melissa said...

Those are all the places we went to when we went! We are going again on Halloween. We should go together sometime!!! The Phantom I bet was awesome! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Kristi & Austin said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love that place, can be a little dirty, but its so fun as long as your not doing the yucky stuff! So glad you had fun with your hubby, I love getting away with just Austin, its thre best!

Kristin Coppee said...

So, when you say you rekindled your love, what exactly do you mean? Wait. Don't answer that. HAHA!

So glad you had fun and SOMEDAY I will be able to say I've been to Vegas too. Yay! I think I'm the ONLY one in our family who has not yet been.