Our family is growing so big that we now have 4 birthdays within about a 3 week period. Instead of having individual parties we decided to have a big combined one in my parents' backyard. Here is Ryder swinging on their little playground. His FIRST birthday is February 6th, which is this Friday. And yes, he does have a nasty bruise on his forehead. He bonked it on my mom's table.
My sister, Sonia, shares a birthday with Ryder on February 6th. She is going to be 32.
Her youngest baby, Peyton, turns 3 on February 11th. He wouldn't cooperate for pictures so I got a quick shot of him on the trampoline.
This is my nephew, Eli. He turned 2 on January 21st.
Ryder and Mom just hangin' out poolside.
Ryder and Daddy.
Ryder got some pretty cool presents.
Aunt Kristin and Uncle Bert got him a lil' round cow that jiggles and bounces around. Grandma Gigi got him a wagon with blocks in it, and Aunt Sonia and Uncle Sherman got him a soccer ball!
My mom and I spent many hours making 4 individual 3-tiered cakes. I made Ryder's. Didn't turn out quite how I'd hoped but oh well.
I originally was going to let Ryder have his whole cake to himself but Jon and I decided it would be smarter to just give him the top tier.
And here he is licking the plate. HA! Just playing. He wasn't even interested. He ate a little bit of frosting and then just played with it so we threw it away.
Ryder's Grandma Barb enjoying some food.
Ryder's Aunt Jenn and soon-to-be Uncle JT. They are getting married in May!!!
Here is some more of the party eating their dinner.
We had lots of yummy food and plenty of dessert.
Here is the ramada Sherman and Jon built in my parents' backyard. They got patio furniture to put under it and now we LOVE to sit out there. That is where we all sat and ate appetizers while the kids ran around the yard playing. It was a great party! I can't believe Ryder is already a year old in 5 more days!!! He's grown up so fast! Happy Birthday Eli, Ryder, Sonia, and Peyton!!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Family Birthday Party!
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 10:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yay! You caught a picture of me doing what I do best - attacking the food! lol.
I hated my hair. GRR! I shouldn't have made it so straight and pulled it back like that. Oh well. SIGH. I have so much work to do after this baby is born. I look HUGE!
Anyway, I'm just glad the picture is at least HALF decent. I'm just so not photogenic. It was a fun party. Happy B-day to Rydo!
yay Ryder turning 1. looks like such a fun birthday party. you guys look soooo good
The cake problem was TOTALLY my mistake...Joyce reminded me that the cake should be frozen first so the icing will go on easier. So...okay...I flunk Cake Decorating 101!
Grandma Gigi
PS They will be PERFECT next time...
Awwwww...spanks. That is an ugly picture of me, but I am sure the alternative was worse..so thanks for not posting that one...lol! Ryder looks so cute in that pic in the swing!
Happy Birthday Ryder! He is such a handsome little man! Can you believe how fast they grow.....
And I think your cake looks fabulous....
and your hair does too!
How fun! Happy early birthday to Ryder! February is a big birthday month for our family too... One of Josh's sister has 3 of 4 children born in Feb!
About the Dr. I don't mind the doctor I go to but only if I see her I cant stand the nurse. We had ahcccs insurance and just changed to the benefits Josh gets. I can still go to the same Dr. but the office seemed dirty and the staff isn't all that great. Not to mention I can't understand any of them because they speak Spanish! I guess that's what you get when you find a Dr that accepts ahcccs but I felt like she never really listened to me and my appointment would be at 10 and I wouldn't get in a room and seen by the Dr until 11:30 and then i wouldn't get out until almost 12:30. It was just ridiculous. So thank you for the info!
Post a Comment