Tonight Jennifer (my sister-in-law) and I went and did a little shopping at ROSS. We went just planning to look and not purchase, but she found a super cute sundress for our Mexico trip in 2 weeks (which I am so excited for) and I found 2 super cute and cheap swimsuits. So yes...we came, we saw, we bought. When we got home we went into a bedroom to try everything on because I hate trying things on in stores. Naturally, Ryder saw me walking back to the bedroom and wanted to follow me like he always does so I let him come in with us. We were just talking and he was just walking around playing. All of a sudden, mid-conversation, Ryder starts SCREAMING! I lean over the bed to see what's wrong and I can't see anything. Then Jennifer yells, "Oh my gosh! The iron!" That's right folks. He had knocked the iron off a dresser and burned his arm. I felt like the worst mother in the world!!! I am the most unobservant person ever and I didn't even SEE the iron there and I definitely wasn't keeping my best eye on him. We rushed him to the sink and ran cold water on his arm and then my mother-in-law sprayed Solarcaine on it. He was very tough about it. He didn't cry for very long and was right back to playing (not with the iron). Before I put him to bed I looked at the burn and it is very red and swollen. I lightly touched it and it's sooo puffy :( I feel so bad I want to cry.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
You just have to constantly stay one step ahead of them...seriously...look for hazards when you walk into a room. It reminds me of driver's training when they put things on the screen ahead of you. Same with child rearing.
Poor baby! That is always my biggest fear, especially with my flat iron. I am always so paranoid about it. Give him kisses for me! Burns are no fun!
Oh, that is my big fear too! I pull the ironing board and iron out sometimes on Sunday morning and my girls are running around and I always ask Bertrand to watch them around the iron if I need to walk away for a sec, but you know how guys are...
I'm just waiting for this to happen to me. I hope it never does. Poor Rydo.
Oh poor Ryder...don't beat yourself up to much. Stuff like this happens all the time.Dylan burned his foot on my hair straighter when he was young. Now I know not to leave it unattended.
In others news don't you love finding good shopping deals!
So sad. Good things kids recover quickly. Your a great mom. Dont tell Kristen, she may not let you watch her kids anymore... JK
oh poor baby! hope it feels better soon!
Post a Comment