Friday, February 6, 2009

Ryder J is ONE today!

It's so amazing to watch Ryder grow from this new little baby
into this cute big boy!

I took Ryder to the Dr. this morning for his 1 year well check. here are his stats:

Weight: 25 lbs 11 oz (85th percentile and the lowest it has been on the charts)
Height: 32.25 in. (97th percentile)
Head circumference: 18.75 (80th percentile)

So basically he's gonna be a basketball player. TALL! He now has 8 teeth. Two new ones just popped up and I didn't even know it but the Dr. saw them and I was in shock that I didn't see them first because I'm always looking for new teeth. At 12 months Ryder is walking, clapping, waving bye-bye, and giving a "high five". He also likes to take a spoon and try to scoop food off a plate so I think he's wanting to feed himself. He is all over the place now. When I put him in the tub and run around the corner to grab a towel, I come back and he's either half way out the tub or already out and on the ground naked, wet, and cold. He's crazy! He keeps me busy. He is definitely a momma's boy 100%. He ALWAYS wants me. I can't even run up the stairs to go to the bathroom without him crying and following me. It's kind of endearing but kind of annoying at the same time because he doesn't even like Jon to put him down to bed or rock him when he's sick or tired. It has to be me. It can be hard to catch a break. Poor Jon-O. He still tries to help me out even though Ryder will sometimes throw a fit for him. The sippy-cup is in full effect now. It took a while to find just the right kind of sippy for Ryder but I finally found it. I kept buying the ones with the flexible rubber spout and it turns out he likes just the plain hard plastic spout. We threw all of his bottles away months ago so that I would stick to the sippy transition. No more bottles! Ryder understands the word "breakfast" now. When he wakes up in the morning I let him play for a bit and then I say, "Do you want breakfast?" He gets a huge smile on his face, walks to the fridge, then starts pounding on it and fussing cuz I ain't moving fast enough. One thing he does that cracks me up is he will find a remote laying around the house, pick it up, then point it at the T.V. We don't even have T.V. so I don't know where he learned that. We only watch movies on occasion. Apparently he likes to be in control. He has a big boy toothbrush now and LOVES to brush his teeth when I'm brushing mine. As I've said before, Ryder loves the outdoors. We have a playground behind our apartment and when I take him there he will climb all the way to the stop and then go down the slide by himself! HA! Okay well I have to kind of hold his shirt or he'll eat it hard. So that's what he is up to lately. Just growing up and becoming more fun. He's my little love bug. He can be very affectionate...even with complete strangers (yikes!). Happy Birthday Ryder Bug! We love you very, very much!

6 comments:

allie said...

the longest I have let him cry is an hour and only a few times i did that because he would take breaks in crying like he was falling sleep then start up again so i didnt feel as bad. It sounded like he was really going to get himself to sleep but then he doesnt he just is rollin around and an hour is WAY to long for me. I usually can tell though if he wont go to sleep but usually the max I let him cry is 40 min.

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Ryder! He is such a cutie!

Ryan is the same way with me... I have to do everything with her, change her clothes, diaper, bath, put to sleep, carry, etc. It does get exhausted and I feel bad when she just doesn't go to Jeff.....but Dylan was like that and he grew out of it so hopefully Ryder will too!

So.....when are you going to have another! Just Kidding!

Sara said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday!! That is so exciting.

August and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Ryder!!! It feels just like yesterday I was in the hospital looking at him and holding little Ryder when he was born! Crazy!

jon♥kara said...

Happy Birthday Ryder! How exciting to watch your kids grow up. He is a doll. That's quite the bruise on his forehead, you probably posted the story previously but I missed it.

Mark and Gretchen said...

Happy new teeth. That would explain the fussiness and crying last week huh? He holds the remote all the time at our house and copies Grandpa by pointing it at the TV. Sure do miss him.