Monday, November 10, 2008

OUCH!

I never wanted this day to come...luckily it took 9 months to come...but it came. Ryder got his first real boo-boo today! I was talking to my dad in his office and Ryder wanted to crawl around. My mom was playing her piano and he could hear it so he started crawling to the living room. I thought he was fine, she thought he was fine, HE thought he was fine. Nobody really saw what actually happened but we think he pulled himself to standing and then fell and hit his forehead on the table in her entryway. Somehow he got this T-shaped bruise and now he has a HUGE bump right in the middle of his forehead. He cried pretty hard and I felt soooo bad for not keeping a closer watch on him. Sometimes I just get lazy and I end up regretting it later. He did really well though. My mom gave him a lollipop to distract him while I held ice on his head. Then he took a nice long nap to re-cooperate! Poor lil' guy! I hope it goes away soon, it looks terrible.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Dude, cant keep them eyes on him all the time. Your a great mom. Aiden had bruises like that by like 9 days old... okay not really, but close enough!

Anonymous said...

Oh my poor little baby chubs! Give him kisses from Aunt Sony! You need to take pictures to document his first big boo boo! Hope he feels better...at least he did it after family pictures...lol. My kids always chose the day before pictures to have giant lumps and bumps!

Ashlee said...

Aww, poor baby! Steven is so dang protective of Isaiah, so he probably wont have a owie until he is 13,lol! Or it will be in my care.

Joy said...

That looks like it hurt! Hopefully it goes away soon!

Cari Florence said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but with boys bumps and bruises on the body is inevitable! Brayden seriously always has at least one bruise on his forehead... Poor kid! It took me a long time to not freak out the second he smacked something! Oh and don't worry, you're still a great mom- just a mom of a boy :)

hairprincess said...

ohhh poor little guy, it seems like they constantly get hurt! Esp when walking comes along, I swear every table and chair and shelf we have is the perfect hieghth for Meg to hit her head and she just keeps doing it! I feel so bad cause its true ya cant watch em always!