Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Night

Here we are at August and Melissa's Halloween COSTUME Party!
Jon was the Joker from Batman - The Dark Knight. He won BEST BOY COSTUME and got $5.00 to Cold Stone. He is pretty excited about that. We went to a couple stores trying to find the right makeup for him and our last stop was Party City where they had an actual Joker face kit complete with scars that you glue to your face - GENIUS!! However, the scars did not stay on very easy and when he took them off the glue had never dried underneath. They need to come up with a new way to make them stick. Like...self-adhesive maybe??
Up until about 5 or so hours before the party I was SUPPOSED to be a nurse and I was just gonna wear my scrubs but I decided that was boring. I looked up cheap homemade costumes on the internet and saw MISS AMERICA!!! I remembered my mom still had my old prom dress and a crown is like a must-have at her house so I hit her up for the supplies. She also had JUST the right ribbon for my sash. So here I am. Miss America 2008. Sorry for the immodestness. I tried putting a t-shirt under it or a shrug over it and it just looked stupid. Let me just say I was NOT the only one missing garment pieces, but I was the most immodestly dressed. Only God can judge me.
Ryder was Dr. Q.T. Batootie. Thanks Sonia for giving me Peyton's old costume! HAHA! Everyone at the party thought he looked SO cute and he did. I was kinda sad though. In our rush to get out the door on time I forgot his Dr. bag, stethoscope, and syringe. Oh well. That's what happens when you rush me. Melissa is holding him in this picture. She was a dark fairy. If you look back at my picture there is a better view of her costume in the background.
This is Kara and Nikki (sisters - and Melissa's cousins). Kara was a pirate and won BEST GIRL COSTUME. Nikki was a witch. Kara's husband Jon was also a pirate but he wouldn't let me take a picture until he put his pirate pants on. I ended up forgetting and never got a shot.
Here are August and John Michael. August was a MAC and JM was a PC. They are cousins and also work together so they kinda had a "couples" costume goin on. HAHA jk.
This is Eldon and Stephanie. I LOVED their costumes because they had a couples theme which I am now wishing we did. They were Hercules and Meg. So cute!

Here are Nauni and Jason. They won the Krispy Kreme doughnut eating contest. That was such a hard contest. I ALMOST won but at the last second I started to gag and thought I was gonna puke. My tummy felt very sick afterward.

Here is the whole gang! It's kinda hard to see everyone. In the back there's Heidi and Jason Woody and also Tempestt Owens (Melissa's cousin) and her fiance Brandon McNiel.

We had fun! we had contests, played the murder mafia game, ate TONS of good stuff and just hung out and had a good time. Thanks Aug and Melissa!

7 comments:

August and Melissa said...

YA! It was so fun! I had a blast- ex ept I look so fat in those pics! Yuck! Oh wait , I am fat... Dang it

Mark and Gretchen said...

I am not the least bit surprised to discover that the evil JOKER had gotten Miss America pregnant......

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS....LOVE the costumes. Looks like a lot of fun!

Lindsey said...

You looked so cute! I love Ryder's costume what a cute idea!

Ashlee said...

You guys look soo cute! What fun!

Cari Florence said...

You guys look so cute! I love your little guy as a doctor. His chubby cheeks look adorable... oh how I miss Brayden's chubby cheeks.

Tatum said...

How fun! You look great! What a cute fam!