Wednesday, January 20, 2010

19 weeks, sewing project, and Goodwill

I was going to wait until I was 20 weeks to take a picture but I had my camera out today so I thought what the heck...why not take one at 19 weeks and 2 days?
Here is an apron I sewed. It's made from 2 kitchen hand towels, grosgrain ribbon, and buttons. It was super easy and fun and it's cute!!
I went to Goodwill with Sunny last Saturday. I had no idea they have 50% off every Saturday. Sunny is savvy to shop with. She gave me this decor idea so I bought all the frames at Goodwill for $5 and then painted the letters with acryllic paint. It's not perfect when you look at it closely, but I like it!
Also found these gems for $2.50. I was in love. They were calling my name. I randomly walked to the kids shoes at Goodwill and these were all alone on a rack just staring at me with puppy dog eyes. For the price I could NOT turn them down. Aren't they adorable? And in great condition too!!!

7 comments:

Joy said...

Awesome crafts! Every time I go to goodwill it just happens to be the Saturday they don't have 50% off, I need to start paying closer attention to the calendar (they do it every other week). Can't wait to see you and your pregnant belly!

The Holmes' said...

Aw you are cute! And crafty too! I love your apron and the shoes are way cute! I never know which saturday is 1/2 off, but it sure is fun! I got a nightstand once for like $10 and it was super cute after I painted it black! One man's trash is another mans treasure:)

Traci said...

CUTE apron! I LOOOOVE those shoes!! I want some for Harley!

August and Melissa said...

So Cute! Love everything!

All of us! said...

Your tummy is so darn cute, you apron is adorable and the shoes are defnintely to die for!! :) I am soo excited you are having a little girl! Kendra is going to be soo loved!! OH and P.S...I saw the pictures on Melissa's blog from your girls night...LOVE the make-up! You girls look HOT HOT HOT!! :)

Lindsay said...

I love the apron, it is so cute and looks like it would be pretty easy. I will have to give it a try sometime. You have such a cute baby bump, hope all is going well.

Sunny Biggs said...

Your letters turned out so much better then mine. i will have to come see it. i did not even think about putting it up and down. Mine is from side to side. I will have to post mine. sigh....it seems that I never go online these days at home.