Monday, July 6, 2009

A couple more things I've been working on

Today my sister-in-law Keira is being induced to have her 3rd baby boy. I am SO excited. I wanted to make her a onesie so this is what I did. Another favorite store of mine...Hobby Lobby! Got this onesie there and then hand-stitched a felt electric guitar on the front.
Here's a closer shot. I also stitched beads on the guitar as the "tuners" for some embellishment. I've never tried doing anything like this so I'm pretty proud of myself ;)
I got this whole gift idea from my sister because someone did the same thing for her when she had her son Peyton. The onesie goes inside this little paint can. Keira chose black, white, and green for her baby's nursery so I bought matching scrapbook paper and mod podged it to this paint can. She is naming her son Beck William Poulsen. I couldn't fit all of that on the front so I just chose "Beck."
When I asked Jon to pick me up a small paint can at Lowe's he came back with 3 different cans because he wasn't sure what size I would want. I needed to make use of this one so I used the extra scrapbook paper from Keira's gift, mod podged it to the can, added some ribbon and a bow, then went to the 99 cent store and got white flowers. I ended up not buying enough so my mom gave me a small wreath that I thought matched well. That's what is sticking out from underneath the flowers.
Last but not least, my mom wanted me to make a decoration for her cabin. One of the guest rooms is done in red, gold, and brown. She picked a saying and wanted me to decorate wood letters to match. I don't know that they will match perfectly but I got as close as I could with the scrapbook paper that was offered at Hobby Lobby. As I've said before, the crafts do not look as good in pictures.

And that's what I've been doing with my time folks! Hopefully I come up with more ideas because I kind of feel like I'm doing the same things over and over. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

I had no idea you could buy onsies at Hobby Lobby! Those are so cute, I might have to steal that idea from you:) And may I also say that your espn:) is right on the money! You totally guessed that I was preggers... you should get a prize

Sara said...

So CUTE. So fun! You are talented!

Anonymous said...

SUPER cute!

Kristin Coppee said...

Larkie, you're awesome! I love your lettering! And that paint can idea with the onesie is so cute! Now make one for Zander! LOL

Mark and Gretchen said...

Love the lettering...thanks Larkie. Can't wait to put them up on the wall tomorrow.
Mom