Sunday, July 19, 2009

My first 5k

Here are Sara and I before running our first 5k in the APR Summer Series.


Getting our stretch on.
Here we are at the starting line. This is serious business for the guy in front of us.
Where is Sara?

Oh, there she is!
Getting ready to cross the finish line. The old dude in the blue shorts had SERIOUS "swass" going on and he smelled terrible. He power-walked the whole thing and beat us!! Sad.
And here we are eating bagels to replenish our bodies. We were pretty dang proud of ourselves. We placed 595 and 596 with a time of 37:30, which is WAY better than we thought we would do. We are registered for a 10k on Thanksgiving Day, but we might need to do ONE more 5k before then. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Hoorah for us!! That old guy smelt like he ate funnions and straight garlic for breakfast! We rock.

Sara said...

So I looked online and the funnion swassy pants was 56 years old.

Cari Florence said...

Ok seriously you are amazing!! I just don't think I have the dedication to run that much. Way to go!!

David, Traci, and Jordin Morris said...

I will join you in the next 5k! Looks like you guys had fun!

Lindsey said...

Hey you, just seein if you wanted to have a play date tomorrow.

I still have no idea what to do, I am not use to the stay at home thing.... park, swimming, mall, splashpad? Let me know if you have anything up your sleeve.

And congrats on the 5K!

The Holmes' said...

I am so glad that came to see us at the hospital! But yes, we do need to get together so you can hold her too! We aren't taking her out yet, but when we do I would love to meet up! I will let you know! Also, I was going to comment back to your sister, but her blog is private! I would love to follow her blog too! Can you give her my email...kholmes1023@yahoo.com so she can invite me to it...if she wants to, of course:)

Anonymous said...

DUDE i am so jealous that you can do that! That is soo awesome. and it sure looks like you guys have been having tons of fun! i would have loved to see Ryder go down that slip n slide!