Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh Mexico...how I love thee.

I realized I have never posted pictures of my in-laws' house in El Golfo, Mexico. Well people, here she is in all her glory. Our getaway at LEAST 2 times a year. Those white strips on the front of the house are there because that used to be the garage. It is now a gigantic enclosed room with a couch, tv, poker table, and air hockey table. FUN! Above that room is a big open porch where we eat sometimes. The lady who used to own this house used to sleep up there.
This picture is really dark but it is another family/living room. Barb and Jenn decided to paint the whole house in Mexican colors. So everything is purple, red, green, yellow, etc.
Here's the spacious kitchen. I'm trying to convince Barb to paint the cabinets black. I think it would look so much better. We shall see.
Ah yes...and we can't leave out Jenn mooning us. That's always lovely. Ha ha! Hopefully she doesn't kill me for posting this picture.

I am so excited that we are going to Mexico for Memorial Day weekend. The beach and quad riding and eating authentic Mexican food is just...hard to beat. I think the only place that could possibly make me happier is Newport Beach, California. That always has been and prbably always will be my favorite vacation spot. Best shopping and best sushi! If only I could get good sushi in Mexico....hmmm..... Anyways, Jon and I have always talked about taking friends to the Mexico house. Some of you out there have thrown around the idea of going so I thought MAYBE if I posted pictures and you had an idea what the lodging would be like, you would be more inclined to actually take a trip with us. COME ON!!!

4 comments:

Sunny Biggs said...

I would be totally down to take a trip. i have never been to mexico before.

The Holmes' said...

Oh man, that little boy of yours is so stinkin' cute! We go to Greer every summer and it is so AWESOME! Have you gotten your invite yet to the shower?? I can't wait to see you! Hopefully you can make it:)

hairprincess said...

Aw jealous I want to come to Mexico with you! haha That would be so fun! Happy Mothers Day today, I hope you had a fun bday too!:)

Mark and Gretchen said...

Do you invite relatives at all??? LOL