Sunday, May 31, 2009

15 Months!

Can I just say that as much as I love babies, toddlers are SOOO much more fun. Ryder turned 15 months old this month. Here are his stats:

Weight: 26 lbs 10 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 32.5 in. (80th percentile)
Head circumference: 19 in. (75th percentile)

Ryder is finally ON the charts! For most of his life his weight has been off the charts cuz he was sooooo chunky. Then at his 12 month appt his height was off the charts cuz he is soooo tall. Now he is finally on the charts and not even in the 90th percentile. Crazy how much he changes. Ryder continues to steal my heart on a daily basis. He loves me so much and even though it can be annoying when he won't detach himself from me, I just love that he loves me.

He is so silly! He always grabs his swiming diapers and brings them to me and wants me to put them on his head. Then he just walks around like he is so cool.
This pic cracks me up. The other day I was on the computer and Ryder was watching Baby Einstein. It got really quiet so I turned around to see what he was doing. He had grabbed a blanket and plopped himself on the couch and was just SO into his show. I just started laughing. Then I grabbed my camera and he started laughing back at me. Doesn't he look so comfy?

Well just for documenting purposes I like to keep track of the things Ryder does at every age. He can now say "cheese" and "dink (drink)" and "hi" and "yeah" and "kisses." He understands more and more all the time and it is awesome. It takes a lot of the frustration out when he can communicate. When I say, "Do you want to read a book?" he says, "Yeah!" Then he runs to his room, grabs a book, brings it to me, then sits on my lap. My most favorite thing that he does now is when I change his diaper I tell him to throw it in the trash and he does! He's so helpful. I can't wait until he can understand, "Please clean your room!" Hahaha!!! He does a good job of messing it up. Oh and I can't forget that when I say, "Do you want to go outside?" he runs straight for the front door and opens it BY HIMSELF! Scary! I have to keep it locked at all times now.

5 comments:

Mark and Gretchen said...

He is so adorable!

Morgan & Jared Hochstettler said...

Ryder is sooo stinkin' cute! You take some adorable pictures!

Lindsey said...

Oh I am so excited for you! When they are babies they are so cute but once they start understanding you it just gets better and better.
I know what you mean about off the charts. Dylan has lived his life in the 90 percentile.
He is so cute, he makes me smile!

Lindsey said...

Yes they are from Antro... I need to glue them in because Ryan keeps pulling them out!

I was sick of working at my dining room table all the time so we just turned it into the craft area.....

quilting is way easy, I have only been doing it for about 6 months, I just read tutorials online. You should try it!

hairprincess said...

Aw what a cutie he is, I cant even reconize him he is getting so big! It is fun when they are toddlers and you can start to actually get to know their little personalitys huh? I am having so much fun getting to know little Megans too! They just make you laugh huh?