Good ol' ME just cookin' up some French toast for my mother on Mother's Day. I apologize for the lack of makeup.
Yes folks, this is the ONLY other picture I took. I was the only one who brought my camera and I didn't ever remember to bust it out and take pictures.
We arrived at the cabin in Heber on Friday afternoon and then went straight to Snowflake to drive by the temple and see all of the beautiful houses built around it. We also went to an antique shop, ate yummy Mexican food, and then got some delicious ice cream. I chose N.Y. Blueberry Cheesecake on a sugar cone. And it was good. After that we went back to the cabin and just hung out watching movies and playing games and reading magazines and chit-chatting and what not. Oh yeah and how can I forget...we also went to a local mini mart and bought lots of chocolate and strawberries so that we could have a little chocolate fondue party.
Saturday was my 24th birthday. We left for Show Low at about 10am and didn't get back until after dinner time. We were gone ALL DAY! We went to Sonic and got a treat, went shopping at Blossom (one of my favorite boutiques), ate lunch, went and saw 17 Again at the movies, did some more sight seeing and shopping, and had dinner at The Red Onion (YUM!)
Sunday morning was of course Mother's Day and I made my mother breakfast. My sister, Sonia, and I were getting anxious to see our families so we decided we would possibly leave early depending on how long it took to clean the cabin. Between the 3 of us, we cleaned like rockstars and were ready to leave by about 10:30am. I had tried calling and texting Jon all morning to let him know we would be leaving earlier than we planned and I was kind of upset that he hadn't called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, but I could not reach him and he would not call me back...so we left. Finally, around 11:30 I got a text from Jon....
JON: Where are you?
ME: I've tried calling you several times. We are in Payson. We left early.
Almost immediately, Jon called.
JON: Hey! You're in Payson already???
ME: Yeah.
JON: Dang, that really sucks!!
ME: What? Why?
JON: I wanted to surprise you so I borrowed a Harley Davidson and drove up to the cabin to pick you up so we could ride home together. But when I got to the cabin you were gone, so now I'm sitting at a gas station.
My stomach was in knots. I felt so bad that he drove by himself all that way only to drive back by himself. However, I would NEVER get on the back of that motorcycle considering how hot it was outside and how exhausted I was from lack of sleep. So I guess it's a good thing he missed us because he would have driven home alone anyways. He was super bummed that the surprise didn't work out but he still surprised me with flowers and a card. So sweet!!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Mother's Day/My birthday 2009
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Happy Mothers Day and Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good time and how sweet of your hubbY!
I forgot to ask you today if Jon wanted to buy some of the jeans= just let me know- they are my friend's from work. I had them at my house for my brothers to try on.
That's awesome about the Harley! How much did that cost to rent? ??? that sounds like something August would want to do
What a cute idea your hubby had!! Oh and happy belated birthday! It sounds like you girls had a ton of fun.
That picture of me is DISGUSTING...remove it asap...lol. I'm dying here....holy cow...NOT photogenic!
Aw that stinks you missed him that is funny you wouldnt have rode with him anyway, Harleys are def cool tho:) Sounds like you had a fun mothers day and bday! Your hair looks cute in your pics too:) I hope I heal quick after all this so I can get to ya again someday!:)
That was cute of him, what a sweet hubby you have! I'm glad you had a good mothers day/birthday weekend!!
That strawberry-eating pic is thuper hot! Sorry. I have to make fun. I'm still p/o'd that I had to miss that fun weekend trip and stay home with whiney, poopy kids.
Post a Comment