So...I have always been a really slow learner in certain areas of my life. Sometimes I have to mess up more than once to really learn something. It's sad but true. Well it has taken me almost a month to figure it out, but I've got it! I officially have to cut Ryder's naps down to only one a day. For 3 1/2 weeks now he has started fighting his afternoon naps. Not every day. Sometimes he'll sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon. I love it. But the other half of the time he's fighting it or it takes FOREVER for him to fall asleep. He also has started waking up SUPER early in the morning and it's killing me softly! His normal waking time in the morning has been 7 - 7:30 for several months. But in the past 3 1/2 weeks he has been waking up at 6:30am or earlier. I just wanna die every time. I know some of you are probably thinking that's not that early but folks...he was up at 5:40am this morning!!! AHHH!!! I have left him in his crib for a while hoping he'd cry himself back to sleep but it's been almost an hour and as we speak he is still whining and crying in his crib. SAD DAY! I have been clinging to his 2 naps a day for as long as possible but I'm sick of waking up sooo early. We even put a cover over his window thinking that the early summer light was waking him up but alas, he woke up freaking early still! I thought maybe he was teething and that's what was waking him up early. But then I researched online this morning and discovered that at his age (15 months today!!) most children only take 1 nap a day or it cuts into their night sleep. DUH LARA! Again...I am a slow learner.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
The day has come my little one!
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 6:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
oh you are so funny. I think I am right there with you on the slow learning. It takes me a while too. Loves!
Lucky girl, Dallin hardly sleeps during the day. He will take one nap in the morning that is about 1 1/2 hrs. and then 1-2 45 min. naps in the afternoon, but that depends on the day. I guess I can't complain though because he sleeps well at night!
Post a Comment