Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Best and the Worst

Sorry this picture is kinda crappy. It got cut off at the top. I just think it's so funny because Ryder is trying to put on Jon's gigantic lacrosse gloves and when he finally gets both on it looks hilarious. It reminds me of that Foo Fighters music video when Dave Grohl has a gigantic hand and he slaps people around with it. HAHA! Anyways, I title this post The Best and the Worst because Ryder is like Jekyll and Hyde lately. He can be the best and worst behaved within like a 10 minute period. I try not to focus too much on the bad but he has developed a SERIOUS attitude. Just yesterday he started doing this thing where when he's mad he yells "NO" a million times and then starts hitting and crying. It's psychotic! I don't know what about yesterday got him started but now he won't stop. I am beside myself and I have no clue how to discipline him when he does it. It's like he's talking back to me already. He's only 14 months! UGH!!! So frustrating. Then again he can be such an angel baby and then I'm loving my life. I love that he can understand me when I talk and he tries so hard to answer me. When I say, "Are you hungry? Let's eat!" He tries to say, "Eat!" Then I feed him. When I say, "Let's go take a bath!" he immediately gets up and heads up the stairs to the bathroom. It's awesome! Just about 20 minutes ago I said, "You want to read a book?" He grabbed a book, handed it to me, then sat on my lap. THEN I said, "Let's go take a nap now." Immediately he got up and ran into his room and stood by his crib waiting for me to lift him in. It's been a while now and I can hear him talking and playing and he will just do that until he falls asleep. No fussing, no fighting, no crying...it's like he's the easiest baby alive!!! I don't understand the split personality he has right now. He can be soooo mean and hit and throw tantrums and then he can be so cuddly and give kisses and hugs. I don't get it. I'm sure this is typical behavior for his age so I've decided I just don't care for this age. I think we are both just frustrated that he can't talk and I can't always understand what he wants. AHHH!!! I need advice people. The only way I know to discipline him right now is to stick him in his crib until he calms down OR swat his butt. I am totally for spanking when it's appropriate but I don't feel like it is in this situation.

1 comments:

Mark and Gretchen said...

You're right...this is not the time to spank...just distract him. He is such a good little boy. He is really only a baby and can't really communicate yet...
GG