Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rainforest Jumperoo


Say hello to Fisher-Price's Rainforest Jumperoo. I love this thing. Ryder jumps up and down in it and it is hilarious!! He gets all excited and goes crazy. It has so many things on it as you can see. So Ryder has gotten kinda (really) spoiled lately and he won't play in his jumperoo for more than like...15 minutes right now. He just starts fussing and then I walk in the room and he wants me to hold him. Stinker! We also bought him 2 baby einstein videos and he doesn't seem to want to watch it on repeat. HA! I feel bad but my house has been neglected for like 4 days straight so Ryder is not getting my full attention and I need him to play alone so I can get things done but it just isn't happening like I want it to. I'm hoping he will learn to love his Jumperoo like I do so that I can become a better cleaner and maybe do some more blogging or crafts or continue reading my novel or something!!!! I don't know what happened but I used to be able to leave him alone in his swing for almost an hour and he'd be fine. But now...he just wants to be with me all the time. It's kinda cute but not really. I need to be able to have alone time and be Lara instead of just mommy 24/7. Any suggestions people??? I need help. This jumperoo wasn't exactly cheap and I can't keep spending money in hopes that he will be able to play on his own. What I wanna know is how much alone time is too much? Some days I feel like I spend too much time giving him attention and then other days I wish I gave him more attention. I'm sure every mom goes through this. If you all figured it out I know I can.

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

hello Lara. I recently bought Isaiah the bumbo, he LOVES it! Believe it or not, he is actually a good baby now. I am hoping his fussy days are over. He will sit in that thing and look at the t.v. for about a half hour. He loves to be upright. He loves his swing also. Ryder will get better. Just keep putting him in it a little each day. Some days I feel like you do. I feel like what have I even done today besides take care of Isaiah. Other days I get alot done. Part of being a mom and alot of trial and error.

Amber Howard said...

I don't have any advice but I'm just down the street so if you need some alone time during the day... give me a call. I'm done with work at 1pm and would love to play with him anytime.

Sara said...

Uh alone time? What is that? Weird. I still have not figured that one out. Let me know what you find. Aiden and I were attached at the hip, literally. But good luck.

All of us! said...

I don't have much advise because I am just as new at this Mommy thing as you are. But one thing I have noticed is now that McKenna can sit up she really enjoys entertaining herself. She is getting so independent she won't even let me rock her to sleep...Ryder will gain that independence soon. Until then, let him cry until all the dishes are done or the laundry is folded. It certainly won't hurt him! :) Good luck girl!!

Adrienne said...

Give up on the alone time thing now. I have an exersaucer that I have used to keep Brooklen happy while I shower. It used to work for like 20 minutes, and now, it barely works. I hate to break it to you, but it just gets worse. When he starts to move and is in to EVERYTHING, you have to watch him. Plus, my pediatrician told me that babies are most attached from 9-18 months of age. Just remember how much you love him when he "annoys" you.

Tatum said...

Lara! You are so stinkin' cute! I agree with Sara. Alone time? No such thing. Two things that have really helped me is a carrier or sling and a bumbo. He just loves you! He wants to be held all the time and he won't be little for very long. With a sling and/or carrier your arms are at least free and you get a workout trying to get chores done. A bumbo is nice to set on the counter while your cooking in the kitchen.

P.S. You look AMAZING for just having a baby! I like your new do'

Anonymous said...

First of all....he's a first child...they want to be held because they are bored. Borrow a toddler...that will entertain him...lol. He'll get better with entertaining himself....just put him in the family room in front of the TV so when you walk back and forth he doesn't see you. He'll learn to like it...just start out with 5-10 minute intervals...if he cries it won't be for long...then gradually he'll get used to it and play longer. He's such a cutie pie.