Saturday, May 10, 2008

One year older and wiser too...well maybe not wiser.


So I had an awesome 23rd birthday! On Thursday night my parents took me, Jon, and Ryder to a nice Italian restaurant called Caruso's. It was so tasty. After that we went to look at cars (we're considering trading my gas hog) and even though it was past Ryder's bedtime he was such a good boy and was so quiet and just enjoyed being outside. Then yesterday, my actual birthday, Jon met Ryder and me for breakfast at Giant Hamburgers. If you have not had breakfast there before you HAVE to try it. It is amazing. I got a ham and cheese omelet and it was the best thing I've ever had. It's amazing that something so simple can taste so good. So Jon came home from work early, which I LOVE and the three of us took a little family nap together in our big bed. It was fun. Ryder only slept for 30 minutes but I needed that 30 minutes of rest. Then Jon got up, went to get our truck washed, and when he came home he had red roses and two gift cards for me. One was to Golden Spoon, which I love. I don't really care for ice cream but frozen yogurt...oh man it's my favorite. The other was a Mastercard that I can use anywhere. I am so excited to go use it :) Jon was so sweet. He had been trying to find me a dress that I wanted off the internet but they never have my size in stock. So he went to several stores trying to find a similar or equally nice one and had no luck. That's when he resorted to the gift card. But I have no problem with gift cards. I'd rather have that than get something I don't really like. Anyways, he got his cousin Emily to babysit (which she did for FREE) and he took me to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Can I just say it was way out of our budget but it was the best steak I have ever had in my life. It cut like butter. After dinner we went to The District in Tempe. It's an awesome outdoor mall. We got a couple sushi rolls that were to die for and then headed home. It was the best date I've had in a while. So unfortunately last night wasn't so good for me. I could NOT sleep and I don't know why. I only got 5 hours sleep and was RUDELY awakened by some dumb teenagers across the street playing drums in their garage with the door open. We have had to talk to them about it before but I was not about to be nice. They woke Ryder up so I went out there and yelled at them. Something I have never done in my life. But come on, it was 7:45am on a Saturday. Ridiculous!!! A while later I called my bro-in-law who is a cop to ask him if there's anything to be done about it. He said quiet hours are from 10pm - 6am. Since it was past 6am unfortunately they have their right. Now i feel bad. But not enough to go apologize just yet. So I'm one year older and not so much wiser.

13 comments:

Celeste and Devyn said...

Happy late Birthday! Sounds like it was a good one!

Love your hair! It looks auburn in the picture, its such a pretty color.

Yea, I make lists for everything! I think its kinda weird sometimes but its just my way of organizing all of my thoughts and it works for me.

Those teenagers sound so annoying, if i were you I probably would have gone out and yelled at them too. seriously, who is up that early and would want to wake up to banging drums...duh.

Amber Howard said...

I looove that you chewed someone out. I wish I would have known... I would have walked down the street to see that. ha ha Sounds like you had an amazing birthday, yeah for you!

Sunny Biggs said...

oh that sounds like such a good birthday. jon is sweet.

Ashlee said...

Happy birthday to you! My birthday was yesterday on mothers day. But I'm alot older than you,lol How is Ryder doing??

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a good one! I love Ruth Chris! One of my favorites! And I love your hair, it looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. I screamed at some idiot neighbors of ours once...Sherm was out of town and it was 1 a.m. They were drunk and screaming obscenities at eachother...MORONS...I got in my car and drove around to the next street...yep...THAT is how loud they were. I rolled down my window and told them where they could take their party...hee..hee. It felt so good, but only made their noise level worse. I ended up calling the cops an hour later. The cops were surprised I was the only call because they were SO obnoxious. Some people are just so dang ignorant. Anyways, they were college kids renting the house...they are gone NOW...woo..hoo....so loved crashing their party!

Hills said...

I let Michael know you said happy birthday! Happy Birthday to you too!I remember when you guys did the joint b-day party at your house and I was at prom with his friend and our group stopped by but you guys had all left. I was so bummed cause I was cruchin on Mike. Anyways just thought that was a fun story! Cute hair too by the way!

Shelley Goodman said...

Oh ya, I saw on the primary roster that is was your b-day last week. It is the best being spoiled on your b-day. Ruth Chris, man you are lucky! That place is so good

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you guys had a great night! And I love your hair! Good choice! It's very cute on you:)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

cute cute cute new hair lara!!! and happy birthday too. WOW you are so young- only 23. honestly, i am sooo used to people telling me that I'm such a youngin and here I am telling you that. IT SOUNDS SO FUNNY TO ME!!! (i am only 25 though) I NEVER WANT TO GROW UP! You sure are a cute good little mama.

Mackenzie said...

Happy B-day cuz! My little girl is gettin' old! 23 years old and married with your first kid! Who knew!?!? Happy 23rd!

Ashlee said...

LAra, How many ounces of formula does Ryder drink at one time?

Sara said...

So its been way over a week. I am having Lara blog withdrawls.