So...I decided to try something new with my hair. I've been blonde my entire life with the exception of putting brown streaks in my hair senior year of high school and then having one of my old hairdressers totally screw up my hair and turn it into a super dark hue that was just...all wrong for me. It was bad and I had to go back a couple days later to fix it only to screw it up worse. So from that point on I've just stayed blonde because it is safe. But since Jon and I got married he has expressed to me on several occasions that he would love for me to have darker hair. I thought..."Uh...hello you married a blonde silly. If you didn't like it you should've gotten out a long time ago." But then I realized I was ready for a change too. So here it is. My new 'do and hue.
When Ryder first saw me after gettin my hair did he just kinda stared at me for a minute as if he was thinking, "You look kinda like my mom but I'm not sure." But then I talked to him and smiled and he smiled back. It was a little shocking at first for me, but I'm liking it more and more. I'm about 99.9% sure my parents hate it but Jon loves it. I love having bangs. I cut my bangs just like this when I was pregnant and then they grew out so fast and I missed them. So now they are back...with a bang. HA! Get it? anyways, I think I'll keep this style for a while and let everyone get used to me having darker hair. I know it will take a while since I've never done anything this dramatic - well on purpose that is. Oh and I just wanted to add, don't pay attention to my facial expression. I kinda look unhappy or disgusted I can't decide. But really I just feel stupid taking mugshots of myself and don't ever know what face to make. I guess I could've smiled???
Thursday, May 8, 2008
New 'do for a new mom
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
I think it is very cute. I have natural curly hair,(very curly)so there is not much I can ever do with mine.
No you are not crazy, I like it! It is definitely a change, but it looks good on you!
Anthony says that is your signature face, so keep it. I love the cut. I love the hair. I thought it would be way darker. It is still light. I think it fits you well.
You are brave! I have been blonde my whole life too and it scares me to even think about going dark. It looks good on you, but you could probably pull off anything.
Very sassy! I just cut bangs across today too, I think they are the new thing for the summer.
love it!!!!!!!!! it is always fun to change things up! i want to go red soooo bad but am scared...I love it on you!!
tell jon he is silly... he did marry a blond! i love you new hair though its fantastic!!!
tell jon he is silly... he did marry a blond! i love you new hair though its fantastic!!!
you look adorable! I went dark after I had cayden, but I went alot darker than that. I liked it for a little and then decided.. ughhh i am beter blonde. but you look super cute
I think it looks great. The one and only time I've ever dyed my whole head, I went brown and I loved it. Its always fun to change things up a bit. Of course I can say that cuz I never do. Lol
I really like it...the cut is ADORABLE...and I don't think the color is bad at all...maybe it is darker in person. I think you look PHAT!
Love your new hair cut and color!
Post a Comment