Thursday, August 12, 2010

2 Months and 2.5 Years!


I can't find my cord to upload pics to my computer so this is from my phone. I'll find the cord eventually I hope once I finally get through all these boxes. I hate moving. ANYWAYS, I took the kids in to the Dr. last week and forgot to post about it. Kendra had her 2 month check and Ryder had his 2 year check...well he's 2 1/2 now. For some reason this new pediatrician I take the kids to doesn't give a paper to take home with your child's stats. So I'm having to do it all from memory and I only remember their weight and I have no clue what percentile they are in. Stinky.

Kendra: 12lbs 2oz

Ryder: 32lbs

Kendra is doing SO much better since I last took her in to the Dr. and had him diagnose her with "classic colic." I don't even think that's what was wrong with her, I think Dr.'s tell you whatever they want. 2 weeks after that appt. she completely changed into such a happy baby. I think I switched her formula around too much and her tummy was not liking it. She is a great little baby and we LOVE having her around. She has been smiling for a while now and I finally got a picture of it on my phone. She sleeps pretty well only waking up once a night and I am usually only up for 30 min. with her. Unfortunately she LOVES her swing and that is where she sleeps every night and for every nap. I know, I know it's a bad habit and I've decided to try and break it. She is laying on her back in bed as we speak and she is NOT liking it. She hates to be on her back, side, or tummy. She liked it in the beginning but now if I lay her down she won't stay asleep and won't even cry herself back to sleep. But I can't have her sleeping in her swing forever. Ryder was the same way at her age and I had to break him of it too. He LOVED his car seat. Kendra has been doing a lot of cooing and especially likes her daddy's voice. He can get her to talk more than I can. She does really well at holding her head up...I swear she was doing it at one week old. She's a strong lil' lady. When Ryder was a baby I couldn't wait for him to grow up and hit the next milestone. While I'm excited to see what Kendra does next, I feel like I want to keep her a baby forever. I'm really enjoying having a girl.

Ryder is getting so big and tall and is saying more and more funny things all the time. I talked to his Dr. about him having OCD tendencies and the Dr. said it's normal and to not pay attention to it or he'll keep doing the things he's doing. He can't walk out a door without closing it behind him and if he walks past a toy car or something that is on its side, he goes back and fixes it before continuing what he was doing. He likes to have things in order and likes to line things up perfectly like toys or DVD's. He also HATES being dirty. It's pretty funny. He is a silly little boy and loves to make people laugh. He is quite the dancer and loves to bust moves to any music that comes on. His favorite movies at the moment are Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatians. Not the cartoon Dalmatians, the one with real people and dogs. He also loves this really goofy show on NickJr. called The Upside Down Show. I think it's pretty lame but he will laugh out loud at it and it cracks me up. He LOVES Kendra and always wants to take care of her and help me feed her. He is always very sweet and nice to her, which makes me happy. He loves blueberry waffles and sandwiches at the moment. Oh and sushi of course. We took him to a sushi restaurant last week and he ate an entire California hand roll to himself. I was impressed...and very proud. His favorite thing to say right now is, "Hey! How are you doing? Are you good? Oh!" All together like it's one sentence. He'll say it to trees, animals, etc. It's hilarious. He also likes to sing along to the radio now. He can sing along to "Heartbreaker" by Taio Cruz and "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. HAHA!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, Sushi I'm impressed!