Since we are going to be out of town for Father's Day and I won't have computer access, I'm going to post to Jon right now. Ryder and I love Jon sooo much. We want him around 24/7 because he is just a lot of fun and really laid back and easy to get along with. Every time Jon has to leave for work we are both very sad, especially Ryder. Jon will go out the front door and Ryder will go running after him, open the door, and just stand at the top of the stairs whining. When Jon gets BACK from work, Ryder's face just lights up. He loves every minute he gets to spend with his daddy. Those minutes are few and far between nowadays because Jon is working 2 jobs so that I don't have to work anymore and because well...we need the money!! When Jon and I were engaged we had to go to bi-weekly "marital counseling" that was mandatory in my singles ward. One of the activites we had to do was make a list of reasons why we love each other. The #1 thing on my list was that Jon was a hard worker because that's one of the big reasons I loved and respected him so much. The man misses MAYBE 1 day of work throughout a whole year and it's only because he feels like he's dying. Otherwise he goes to work even when he's sick. He's been leaving for the day at 4:30am and returning home around 8:30pm. It drives me insane and I tend to make him feel bad about it by complaining but I'm starting to get used to him being gone all the time and he actually LOVES his second job, so I'm happy for him. Let's just say I am definitely looking forward to leaving town this weekend so that we can just have Jon all to ourselves. I am thankful every day that I married him. I just knew he'd be a great dad and he has exceeded my expectations. He helps me out with Ryder so much and I really appreciate it because I know there are men out there that aren't helpful. He most likely will never read this but I love you Jon! You are my favorite person in the whole world! Happy Father's Day!
P.S. I put Ryder in his highchair so he could have a snack and watch a cartoon while I typed this post. About halfway through this I looked back at him and he had fallen asleep for the first time ever in his highchair!! HAHA! Oh my gosh it was so cute and he was SOOOO out. My stinkin camera battery is dead so I couldn't get a picture to post but I took a pic with my phone camera to show Jon. I'm so sad my camera was dead! AHH! I just think that is so funny that he did that. I never thought it would happen. He just laid his head on the tray and passed out. I guess all that swimming we just did wore him out!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Happy Father's Day 2009
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
He plays hard doesn't he? He is following Sonia's boys.
Mom
What a good hubby you have! That's so nice of him to work extra so you can be a stay at home mom!! Have a fun vacation!
Post a Comment