So I was supposed to post this like a week ago but my camera battery had died and we were getting ready to go to Mexico for Thanksgiving and yada, yada, yada. So I ended up cutting my hair like Victoria Beckham's. Okay well it's not 100% the same cuz I can't style it like that but I love it. I was super nervous about it because this is the shortest my hair has been (at least on that one shorter side) and I had my friend Jessica cut it and she has never cut my hair before but she was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! I highly recommend her because she does a really good job and is affordable. It looked much better when she styled it but here are Ryder and myself on Thanksgiving. Sorry it's not the best hair shot but Jon was busy getting everything down to the car for us to go eat turkey and then leave for Mexico. I had to take the shot with one hand while holding Ryder. So here it is!! My new hairdo and Ryder giving the stink-eye. I think he did that because of the flash hahaha!!! So for Thanksgiving we went to my uncle John's and had the best most delicious dinner I've ever experienced in my life...EVER!!! It was seriously so yummy. Then we left immediately for Mexico, which was a hellish trip if I may say so. Ryder cried and yelled and screamed for the last 2 hours of the trip down there. Jon and I were beside ourselves. We didn't know what to do and couldn't believe he was being so naughty and could NOT figure out what was wrong with him so we decided he was just sick of being in the car, which I don't blame him. It took us 5.5 hours to get there and we were SO done. Jon's family owns a really nice house down there with 4 bedrooms and like...7 bathrooms. It needed fixing up so we painted and hung pictures and set up other decor. It was pretty much work the whole time we were there but the house looks so much better and they are going to rent it out or maybe sell it one day. We left Mexico at 11am yesterday and didn't get home until 8pm. That's right folks!! We thought the trip THERE was bad...the trip back was 3.5 hours longer (it takes forever to cross the border back into America)!! Ryder did better, but was still really naughty. We took a lot of stops to break up the monotony of the car. One stop was dinner at Taco Bell and Ryder was so well behaved in there just staring at people. One old guy went walking out the door and said to his wife, "Did you see this little boy? I've been watching him the whole time. He's such a good little boy!" I was thinking, "Yeah he's good now...you should've seen him an hour ago and you would NOT be saying that." Anyways this is getting really long so I'll end it here.
Things I am Thankful for (even though Thanksgiving is over)
- A loving husband and father. Jon helped take care of Ryder SO much in Mexico so that I could actually feel like I was on vacation. It was awesome.
- A healthy baby. I keep hearing about friends with babies that have serious problems and it makes me SO thankful that Ryder has been healthy as a horse.
- Parents who take care of us in every way you can think of.
- A roof over my head, food, and clothing.
Monday, December 1, 2008
WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!?!
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 5:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I LOVE your hair, it is absolutely adorable! Good decision! Car rides with babies always equals bad times, I know exactly what you are talking about! Glad you guys had a good thanksgiving!
I LOVE it. You look fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person. You're gorgeous. I wish I would have kidnapped you and taken you with us to the cabin. I was thinking the whole time that I needed my Lark to play games with me. I seriously missed your presence.
I love the haircut! It looks so good on you!
You are just always changing your hair up, wish I could do that. It looks really good on you! Sorry about the road trip craziness. I feel your pain. Go get a portable dvd player...saved our lives!!!!!!
Very cute! It makes me wanna cut my hair now...as always
Love your hair!! You look so cute!
I love your hair, it looks so cute on you.
I love the hair Lara! it looks so fun and i miss short hair. Ryder is so big! what a handsome boy
Hey girl geez I have not been blogging forever! I went straight to yours to check out your hair! you do a good job styling it I can tell and you look so cute I am glad we did that and anytime you want it cut again just let me know! Your girl Susana came to me tonight and we cut her hair! She says hello :) Poor Ryder didnt like the long trip! Its def hard entertaining for that long huh?! At least you got a good vaca!:)
Post a Comment