Ryder started swimming lessons yesterday. I was worried. He had an incident about a month and a half ago where he fell in our pool and had to be saved. My neighbors and I were laying out while Ryder played in the water with their daughter, Kiera. The kids were leaning over to fill up bottles of water and he leaned too far. The water was pretty cold so I think it shocked him more than anything. As soon as we got to his very first swim lesson he started to kind of freak out. He was crying a lot and clinging to me and wouldn't let me undress him or take off his shoes. Once we got him in the water he ended up doing pretty well for being so scared. Today was his second day and I was SO proud of him. I gave him a pep talk on the way there that he needed to listen to his teacher (the first day he was flat out telling her "no" and kept saying he "didn't want to" after she'd ask him to do something). I assured him she wasn't gonna let go of him and that he was going to be safe. I'm so glad his little friend Camryn from nursery is also in his swim class and he loves to watch her do everything first before he'll try. Today his teacher, Miss Allie, was able to get him to go under water, float on his back, and even jump off the diving board! She couldnt believe how much he had improved for only his second day. He has 6 more lessons and I can't wait to see him swim like a little fishy!!!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Our Fishy
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Goodness....he has gone cliff jumping since this....what a brave little boy!
Post a Comment