I tried to do this post in chronological order but it didn't work out that way. Anyways, here is how 2010 went for us. Jon and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on October 5th. We are still in love and very happy...even though we may not look like it in this picture HA!

Ryder is now potty trained! YAY RYDER! After one failed attempt, I quit for a couple months and tried again. He caught on very quickly the second time around and was pretty much trained within 5 days. He even trained himself to get up in the night and go...we were putting him in pull-ups at night and he was waking up dry every morning. So no more pull-ups for this big boy!

He is learning his colors. He definitely recognizes orange, red, and pink. We are working on the rest. He also learned to sing the ABC's and can count to 10 by himself. We are working on counting to 15. We bought him the "Your Baby Can Read" program and he recognizes the words tiger and elephant. Still working on that too.

We MOVED! Well okay we stayed in the same apartment complex but moved into a 3 bedroom single level. I love it so much more than our townhome. I never want stairs again...but Jon does so I'm sure we'll have them again someday. This is a picture of Ryder in his old room for the last time before the move. His new room is very cool. He has a Toy Story 3 poster and a Motorcross poster along with pictures of him with Mommy and Daddy :)

Ryder wore makeup for the first time but don't tell Daddy. HA! I let him paint me up too but I couldn't allow that picture to be posted.

Ryder got a new baby sister named Kendra! We love her to death. We talk about eating her all the time, which sounds creepy and cannibalistic but it's really just a term of endearment. Those cheeks just look so delicious. She is 7 months old already and I hate it. I want her to stay a baby forever. She eats four 6oz bottles and one jar of baby food every day. She only eats veggies right now and doesn't seem to like the green beans. I don't blame her. She has no teeth still but she can roll and laugh and she is now trying to get in position to crawl and is trying to babble. I can't wait for her to say "Mama." She looks completely bald but she has lots of white fine fuzzy hair.

I just love this picture. Her bumbo seat broke and I was really sad so I had to post this pic to remember how cute she looked sitting in it. She has upgraded to a high chair :)

Ryder and Kendra were best buds from the start. Look how little and skinny she was! That didn't last long. She chunked out FAST.

Ryder loves to give her wagon rides around the house...

And touch her face...a lot...

and take pictures with her...

and watch cartoons with her...

and tease her...

and sing to her.... At Kendra's 6 month well check she weighed 17lbs 9oz (75%) and was in the 50th percentile for height and head.

We had LOTS of park days before it got really cold. I think I went to every single park playdate my ward put on because it wore him out.
Ryder learned to play video games...no I don't like it. He is now addicted. My brother Wil loaned us his Wii for a while and Ryder seriously wants to play it ALL THE TIME. It drives me nuts and it's a constant fight. I'm giving it back to Wil soon.

This is him playing HALO with Daddy. I know, right? What kind of parent allows their 2 year old to play a game like HALO? That's alllllll Jon. I don't approve.

Jon turned 26 and I turned 25. I'm beginning to understand why people hate their birthday. It just means you're older. I don't want to get any older.

Jon's brother Jake got married to his longtime girlfriend Brendy. I made the cake topper. Isn't it cute? Jake is supposed to be the green bird and Brendy is the yellow. It was the first time I've ever made anything like this. I'd never used fondant before and it was very stressful. But I liked the way it turned out.

We had the most amazing Christmas since we've been married. We were all spoiled and we made an awesome gingerbread house at my parents' on Christmas Eve.
We are looking forward to a new year and can't wait to see what is in store for us!
3 comments:
you are so pretty in these pics lara -as always!
thats funny about Halo.
Bastien had his teacher fill out on his primary spotlight that his unique talent is that he plays Halo! Umm not! He watched his cousin play it once. Luckily i'm in charge of the spotlights & can have him fill out another one so its not known to the whole primary that i let Bastien play haLo! ha!
That cake topper is AMAZING! I can't believe you made that....I would have to take classes and PRACTICE to do that....okay....now when are you going to make ME one????
Post a Comment