Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Life since the new baby

FINALLY Ryder ate a bowl of cereal all by himself. I started working on this a couple of months before Kendra was born because I knew I'd be feeding her a LOT and couldn't feed him at the same time. Since all he EVER wants for breakfast now is cereal (used to be yogurt) I wanted him to learn to eat it himself. We also buzzed his head. I swear his long hair was making him more hot in this weather.
I found some incriminating photos on my camera. The little stinker stole my camera and ran upstairs to our bedroom, got up on our bed, and took pics of his feet. HA!
Ryder LOVES to hold Kendra...and kiss her repeatedly...and hug her...a lot. I'm just glad he hasn't tried to pick her up. I know, I know...it's probably gonna happen sometime or another.
Please excuse my topless hubby. Sorry, Jon! He has been an amazing help. The night that I took this pic he made that sushi he is eating so I didn't have to cook AND he held Kendra while eating it. My only complaint? Notice he's sitting on my couch eating that sushi. WITH SOY SAUCE! Grrrr.

Things have been going as well as they could be I guess. Still not getting much sleep. On a normal night Kendra wakes up every 3 hours ON THE DOT to eat and then goes right back to sleep. But one or two nights a week she will keep me up for 2-3 hours straight and I can't get her to sleep no matter what. Last night was one of those nights. I fed her at 2:45am and when I put her back in bed she got the hiccups. So I picked her back up (which I have to do or she gets ticked and cries and then can't settle down) and she spit up on my chest - eww. So I clean it up, calm her down, and put her back in bed and she immediately starts filling her diaper. So I pick her back up, change her diaper, and try to rock her back to sleep but I am unsuccessful. When it gets to that point I just want to cry...and sometimes I do a little. I've been so exhausted. Once Ryder gets up for the day that's it for me. No more sleep. Even when he goes down for a nap...Kendra is usually waking up from hers or she just wants to be awake and held. I know this is only temporary and one day I'll be able to sleep more and maybe nap once in a while. I'm just trying my best to get through this difficult beginning stage.

6 comments:

All of us! said...

You are doing a wonderful job! Don't be so hard on yourself!! You should be VERY proud!!!

August and Melissa said...

That Ryder bug- stealing your camera! Ha- you are a great mom and great example to me on what to do for our babies! Try the warm bath- I've noticed it helps Reed sleep. He is always fussy as well, but the warm bath seems to help- it's worth a try

allie said...

Its all so normal. You are doing great!!!! Ryker had a huge actin out phase have you noticed anyhting with Ryder. Z is still waking up every 3 hours at 5 months old. Hope Kendra can figure it out sooner. :o)

Lindsay said...

Hang in there, it does get better. It was difficult for me the first two months after my second was born, but things will get back to normal. Well, a new normal. The baby will start to sleep longer and the older will not be so jealous (at least mine was super jealous). Sounds like you are doing a great job!

Shelley Goodman said...

you will quicky pass this phase and life will be good again... until the next one:)I can't believe how little she still is, it's like you just gave birth to her yesterday.

So yes I am Fitness Works girl, same location! I wonder why I have never seen you there? I have to do night classes since Casey leaves for work at 4:30 in the freakin morning. And Oceanside, we are going the first week of August so of course that means lot's of trips to the CLOSET!! I think it's one of the best stores on earth.

YOu look great btw!

Melissa said...

Too cute, I want home made sushi!