Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Jon's mom found a spare Christmas tree hanging around in storage so she let us take it home and decorate it. I was SOO excited to have it!! It was missing branches and kind of old but I didn't care. I LOVE Christmas trees. I made Jon take me immediately to Hobby Lobby to pick out decorations for it. Well...their stuff was very picked over and kind of pricey but I just managed to find what I could. I picked out red, black, and silver decor. It was cute! But then I went to Wal-Mart a few hours later only to find better, cheaper ornaments in colors that I loved! Who knew? Gotta love Wal-Mart! Therefore I returned EVERYTHING to Hobby Lobby and bought all new decor from Wally world. Here is how it turned out.
The colors are brown, copper, and gold just like my mom's tree. I love her tree. But of course her decorations are way better. This is just a starter tree. There are only 3 different kinds of ornaments.
I'm hoping next year to add a little bit more, but I still LOVE IT! So worth the work. I'm just glad I was able to find a spot in our tiny place for the tree. I had to rearrange a bit but it worked.
I'm totally into Christmas this year and also decided to make stockings for our little family. Starting from the left is Jon's, then mine, then Ryder's. They are just made of flannel so they are flimsy but I still think they are cute and love that they are homemade. Can't wait for Christmas!

9 comments:

allie said...

NICE! I just posted O' Christmas Tree as the title of ours. Didn't even know you posted. I LOVE those colors!

Tyler and Neihlee said...

It looks good, you can't even tell if there are branches missing! Good job on your socks too!

August and Melissa said...

love it! It turned out great!

Arnett's said...

Little miss craft. They look great and so does your tree!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....it's gawjus darling! lol. Love it.

Lindsey said...

Okay.... so i thought wal-mart totally rocked on the christmas decor too this year, igot a lot of stuff from there too.

Got your christmas card and your family is way too cute! I can't wait to find out what you are having!

And love the stockings!

Cari Florence said...

Your tree is super cute! And yes, our Mom's always have better trees, but they no longer have kids with sticky fingers :) If I had nice ornaments, I swear they'd all be broken by the end of the holiday.

Joy said...

I'm so glad you have a tree, I don't think Christmas is the same without one. Your stockings turned out super cute, good job!

mbreck said...

Your tree looks cute. I love the ribbon curling around and down. Very creative!