Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Second 5k

I just posted these pics totally backwards. Oh well. Enjoy my moments from end to beginning.
finishing as a sweaty mess.
just gettin started. can you see me?
our group, minus traci who refused to join in. party pooper.

Yes, I did another 5k and I beat my time from my first 5k. YAY! Total satisfaction over here. It was at Higley High and it wasn't as good as our first 5k but whatev. We didn't have timing chips so we had to time ourselves basically and the course wasn't mapped out well. We were running through giant rocks and dirt and crap. Oh well. The coolest part was the rain. I love running in rain and even though it didn't last long it totally refreshed me. There was a pretty big group of us running. There was me, my neighbor Traci, Sara, her dad and two brothers, Joy, and her friend Allison. My last 5k I finished with a time of 37:30. This time I finished at 32:23.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome! The rain was nice. You rocked fo sho. 10k here we come!

mbreck said...

I am proud of you. I was training for a 5K before I got pregnant but had to stop per doc orders after I got pg as I had uncontrollable asthma. Now I am lumpy bumpy and grumpy. Time to start training again probably.

Lindsey said...

Congrats girl! I was thinking about you friday night out there in the rain!