Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Hubby of the Year


It's not my anniversary or anything but I just HAD to post a blog about my favorite person in the whole world, my husband. I think he deserves some sort of award for being the BEST husband ever. If there was a Hubby of the Year award, he should win it. I had to post this picture of him because it looks like he just woke up and I love waking up with Jon in the mornings. Even when his breath smells like death, I love to just snuggle up to him. I came home from work yesterday and he had spent part of his day off work cleaning and vacuuming our bedroom and closet so I didn't have to. It was so nice to come home to a super clean bedroom. He came home a little late from lacrosse practice last night and I was getting so impatient with him because it was New Year's Eve, I was starving, and we had plans to go to August and Melissa's. When he got home he was ready to go right away, but I wasn't. I went to the closet to change out of my work clothes and I just stood there staring at my clothes in depression because I can't wear 95% of them. I didn't move, I just stood there and Jon knows how I get when I can't find anything I want to wear, so he just went and laid down on the bed waiting for me so patiently. After about 5 more minutes I had finally picked something out and got dressed only to freak out again because I didn't know what shoes to wear. I know...it's not that serious, right? So Jon got up, picked out my shoes FOR me, and then got down on the floor so he could put them on my feet FOR me. My belly is so huge it's such a chore to put on shoes now so he always puts them on my feet. Then he hugged me and told me how cute I am and that he loves my pregnant body. He can't be serious. Anyways, we decided to go to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and we put our name in for a party of 2. We sat down in the waiting area and noticed several parties of 2 being seated right away without having to put their name in, which we didn't understand. I am such a wuss and I would have kept sitting there waiting but Jon got up and went to the hostess and asked why we were still waiting and she was seating other couples. She said, "Well, they all have small parties." Jon said, "Um...smaller than us?" She said, "How big is your party?" He said, "Just me and my wife." She looked at me and then pointed to my belly and said, "Oh yeah!!! I'm so sorry. For some reason I thought you were with a bigger party. I'll seat you right now!" Jon looked at the list. She had literally written "Jon - party of 2 - pregnant." What an idiot. After dinner we had to run by Fry's to pick up some snacks for the party and when we went to exit the store, an employee had JUST closed the doors and was locking them up from the outside. He just looked at us and pointed to go all the way down to the other door. Jon pointed to my belly and the guy STILL pointed to the other door. We went to the other exit and when we crossed the parking lot we saw that same guy letting a lady out that door with a cart of groceries. I couldn't believe it! Jon was so furious he started storming over to the guy but again I was a wuss. I let go of Jon's hand and walked straight to the truck. Jon walked right up to the guy and said, "You make my 8 months pregnant wife go all the way down to the other door but you let that lady through?" The guy was taken back and just said, "Uhh...uhhh..." Jon said, "Uhhhhh...yeah you better think about that next time!!!!" I love Jon. He is so funny. He is not afraid of anyone and he is not afraid to stick up for me. So that was our New Year's Eve in a nutshell. We finally got to August and Melissa's and just hung out for hours with friends. It was a good time. Anyways, I just wanted to post about my hubby because I think he deserves some recognition for being so great. I love you, Jon!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.....I love the stories....hilarious...Jon....you are so cute....yelling at that guy for not letting Lara in the door...LOL...that's awesome...he loves you..he really really loves you..LOL! So cute! We love you Jon!

jon♥kara said...

That's really weird how everyone was treating u wierd. I thought people usually went out of their way to help pregnant women. I would think especially at a restuarant too!

Arnett's said...

Jon is such a good man. I love that you guys are married and having a baby. I serously love it! Yay for good husbands!!

Celeste and Devyn said...

Lara! Kenzie just gave me you're blog. Are those story for real? I can't believe that happened! Good thing you have such an awesome husband that stands up for you :)

Mackenzie said...

Yeah, that's right, I finally conformed! I can't believe you're officially going to be a mom in a month. Crazy how things change, huh? Do I get to be your kids' godmother?