I took Kendra to the Dr. this morning for her 2 week well check, but she's actually almost 3 weeks...in 2 more days. Anyways, here are her stats:
Height: 21.5 in (90%)
Weight: 9lbs 2oz (75%)
Head: 35.5cm (50%)
As the Dr. was checking her over, he casually said, "Did you know her collar bone is broken?" I was so shocked, I just said "NO!!!" When she got checked in the hospital the Dr. didn't notice and at her first check up 2 weeks ago he didn't notice but he seems to think it happened at birth. She has a huge knot on her shoulder where there is bone healing the break. I never caught that. He said by her next check-up it should be smoothed out. I sure hope so. My poor baby! Other than that she is doing great!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Baby's first broken bone
Posted by Jon and Lara Stowell at 12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
OMG!! A broken collar bone?? Was that from delivery?? I can't believe nobody caught that!! I hope she is doing well!!!
That is crazy!!! Good to hear it doesn't phase her!
omg! thats crazy you never knew- or your dr! its very common during birth. they had to break jason's to get him out of my mom!
She's a little chunk! I've heard of the collarbone breaking during labor, thank goodness it won't take too long to heal! You should post more pictures- I'm sure she's already changed a lot in 3 weeks!
Crazy! How did they not catch that? I hope she heals quickly!!
Oh my Goodness! That would be so scray to hear. I hate when physicians are all nonchalant(sp?) about stuff like that. As if you just planned to never tell your doc that your newborn had a broken bone. What?!
Post a Comment